C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction control/ABS/Active Handling/Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Andy's Z
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control/ABS/Active Handling/Air Conditioning

Hey guy,

Need some help. I have a problem with my 2002 Z06 and cant find a real answer from anyone. Figured i would check with y'all.

There are times I will start my car up and the Traction Control/ABS/Active handling service lights will come on. When I first start it up and those lights come on the A/C wont kick on.

Now after 30 sec up to about 4 mins (anytime in between there) the car will chime at me and the abs light will go off but the Traction control light will stay on. It will come up in the DIC again and say service TC service AH. I cleared all the codes in my DIC hoping that a lot of the H codes would go away and I could get a more accurate code for what the problem is. The codes that came back that i pulled this morning are P1571 C1277 B0432 U1040 And B2265.

When i bought the car the guy told me it had been doing this same problem off and on. he said he had his "mechanic" look at it and he said it was just the traction control module. I dont know that this is not the answer but it seems more than that. Any info or help is appreciated.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Andy's Z
Cruising

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
I suggest that you again clear ALL the codes and then take the car for a ride. When you return pull ALL the codes BEFORE you turn off the ignition. To pull codes with the engine running you may need to press the reset button to clear messages that show in the DIC and then pull codes as normal.

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC that follow each code.

If there are any Uxxxx codes, list them UNDER the sensor that they are associated with. Many Uxxxx codes can appear under more than one sensor and it can make a difference which sensor experiences the Uxxxx code.
The next time I can drive it i will do this and post the results. The only problem is it does not do it every single time. But when i am able to i will. Thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Andy's Z
Cruising

I suggest that you again clear ALL the codes and then take the car for a ride. When you return pull ALL the codes BEFORE you turn off the ignition. To pull codes with the engine running you may need to press the reset button to clear messages that show in the DIC and then pull codes as normal.

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC that follow each code.

If there are any Uxxxx codes, list them UNDER the sensor that they are associated with. Many Uxxxx codes can appear under more than one sensor and it can make a difference which sensor experiences the Uxxxx code.
I cleared all the codes yesterday and have drivin the car a couple times and nothing has come back as of now. It does not have this problem everytime. so next time it comes on and throws a code i will post all that come on.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Andy's Z
Cruising

Okay its been a few days now. but I finally got all the codes to clear and i documented all the codes that were there, then cleared the codes and drove it about 30 miles and doc all the codes that came back right away.

The codes that were on the car before i went a drove:

P0135 C. P0155 C. P0420 H C. P0430 H C. P1571 HC. P1689 H C. B0432 H C. U1040 H C. U1160 H C. U1040 H. B 2265 H.

the codes that came back after the 30 mile drive:

P1571 H. P1689H. C1277 H. B0432HC. U 1040H.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I responded to the PM you sent me. Check your PM's please.
What did it end up being? Did you find the cause for your codes?
Old 05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Neil Lowe
5th Gear

Default Same prob.

Originally Posted by Andy's Z
Hey guy,

Need some help. I have a problem with my 2002 Z06 and cant find a real answer from anyone. Figured i would check with y'all.

There are times I will start my car up and the Traction Control/ABS/Active handling service lights will come on. When I first start it up and those lights come on the A/C wont kick on.

Now after 30 sec up to about 4 mins (anytime in between there) the car will chime at me and the abs light will go off but the Traction control light will stay on. It will come up in the DIC again and say service TC service AH. I cleared all the codes in my DIC hoping that a lot of the H codes would go away and I could get a more accurate code for what the problem is. The codes that came back that i pulled this morning are P1571 C1277 B0432 U1040 And B2265.

When i bought the car the guy told me it had been doing this same problem off and on. he said he had his "mechanic" look at it and he said it was just the traction control module. I dont know that this is not the answer but it seems more than that. Any info or help is appreciated.

Mine was doin same thing
I sprayed wd 40 in the ignition switch today. It hasn't done it anymore yet

Get notified of new replies

To Traction control/ABS/Active Handling/Air Conditioning

Quick Reply: Traction control/ABS/Active Handling/Air Conditioning