C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP Sensor Location to front of intake, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default MAP Sensor Location to front of intake, thoughts?

Hey all, so I want to relocate my map sensor from away from the firewall on my C5, as I'm not 100% confident that it's sealing properly. The car has been tuned and runs quite well overall, but still has some idle surging. What are everyone's thoughts on the Lingenfelter map sensor relocation kits that put the sensor at the front of the intake? I've heard different things.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:08 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

you could run a bead of clear silicone around the map to help it seal... I would rather do that than move it to the front, it looks ugly up there
Old 03-27-2015, 11:54 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Originally Posted by neutron82
you could run a bead of clear silicone around the map to help it seal... I would rather do that than move it to the front, it looks ugly up there
Thanks but I'd like to relocate it either t'ing off the hvac or using the lingenfelter kit. The Fast is such a pita to pull on and off and I don't trust the map that close to the firewall.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:13 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

not any harder to remove than a factory intake in my opinion, 30 mins tops but it's your choice... you could even tee it into the brake booster hose and hide it under the booster/clutch reservoir or use another vacuum source out of sight, like behind the passenger fender or something like that... I just think it doesn't look very good on the front of the intake so I would explore other options first if I was doing it to my car
Old 03-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

The angle of the vacuum port on the Fast is at a 45 versus the stock's 90. It's always a pain getting the oil pressure sender connector on. Maybe I haven't had a stock intake off enough but the few times I have there was more firewall clearance and more room, or so it seemed.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:59 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

why would you need to disconnect oil pressure sender when removing the intake?... all I have ever done is unplug the map, ac vacuum line, and I leave the booster hose connected at the back and remove the other end from the booster... assuming everything else is already disconnected, pull up on the 2 rear bolts and put some masking tape around them to hold them up while you use your other hands to pull up and remove the intake
Old 03-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Have you ever removed a Fast 92? The brake booster vacuum line routes behind the oil pressure sender and there isn't enough room to pull the intake with the booster line attached (clamped per oem) without disconnecting the sending unit plug. The bolt zip tied or taped is not the issue.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:23 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I always manipulate the hose over the ops/cps harness while pulling it out... seems like you have your mind set on relocating it to the front of the intake though, there is really nothing wrong with doing it that way I just don't like the way it looks but if you can deal with it that's what matters... it would look cleaner if you cut and soldered in your own wires and run them with the fuel injector harness on the passenger side and come around the front of the intake with the tps wires
Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
Have you ever removed a Fast 92? The brake booster vacuum line routes behind the oil pressure sender and there isn't enough room to pull the intake with the booster line attached (clamped per oem) without disconnecting the sending unit plug. The bolt zip tied or taped is not the issue.
I've taken my Fast 92 off (since sold it) roughly 10 times and never touched the oil pressure sending unit. Just relocate it, I ran black RTV around it in the back. Always had surging issues due to it.

Get notified of new replies

To MAP Sensor Location to front of intake, thoughts?

Quick Reply: MAP Sensor Location to front of intake, thoughts?