C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Vette question ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Non Vette question ...

EBMC.03 Silverado are they plug and play or do they need to be programmed? I know I can have it repaired at ABSfixers but if I was to buy a diff.one does it need to be programed to my truck?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

:hide OK,I'm sorry it's not a vette question,but after 100 views you would think somebody would know the answer.wheres all the tech.guys?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:26 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi mate
I'm no tech , could try a Google search if you haven't, I just did lots of truck forums dealing with your problem.

Seems some people say it needs reprogramming, others say they just bolt it up good to go , lots say it's a fast turn around time if you send yours off , maybe just have a word with the repair guys.

Don't think the vette's need programming, they might use a tech 2 if there's air in the system.

Sorry I can't help more , do the Google thing lots of info out there .

Least you got one reply

Cheers bud
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Hi mate
I'm no tech , could try a Google search if you haven't, I just did lots of truck forums dealing with your problem.

Seems some people say it needs reprogramming, others say they just bolt it up good to go , lots say it's a fast turn around time if you send yours off , maybe just have a word with the repair guys.

Don't think the vette's need programming, they might use a tech 2 if there's air in the system.

Sorry I can't help more , do the Google thing lots of info out there .

Least you got one reply

Cheers bud
Thanks I can change it,I just don't know if it needs reprogramming.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:21 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I read that you can drive it , so maybe if you can get another one cheapest bolt it on and test it , check for codes .

Potentially your less likely to get a problem if you send your ebcm off for repair .

If you get a prob then take it to a good shop or dealer ?

The following users liked this post:
Vanover (09-13-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 04:07 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

100 views and no reply as you said earlier about a silverado truck issue on a CORVETTE forum....I'm sure they make a forum for your truck and would of been answered instantly...I'm just saying what those 100 people were thinking
Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chicago1
100 views and no reply as you said earlier about a silverado truck issue on a CORVETTE forum....I'm sure they make a forum for your truck and would of been answered instantly...I'm just saying what those 100 people were thinking
I know I'm on a corvette forum,I also know the forum is a tight community with a lot of know how.im sure you have a car/truck you don't know everything about.are you telling me that I'm dealing with a bunch of self righteous people?i don't thank so.thank you to the ones that DID try to help.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

If,,,,,,,,,,, You are referring to the ELECTRONIC BRAKE TRACTION CONTROL MODULE,,, "normaly" NO,,, It does not need to be programed. At least its that way in a C5.

There are several models of EBTCMs. Some that control active handling and some that dont. If you have different handling or braking options, make sure that you install a compatable module.

Bill

The C5 or any other GM EBCM does NOT have any modifyable functions or or programable functions with a TECH 2 OR tUNING SOFTWARE

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 09-13-2015 at 04:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vanover (09-13-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
If,,,,,,,,,,, You are referring to the ELECTRONIC BRAKE TRACTION CONTROL MODULE,,, "normaly" NO,,, It does not need to be programed. At least its that way in a C5.

There are sevral models of EBTCMs. Some that control active handling and some that dont. If you have different handling or braking options, make sure that you install a compatable module.

Bill
A true gentleman ,thank you for your help.i knew there wore people on this forum willing to help another brother and not thumb there nose at someone with a non corvette ques.as for Chicago1 I will always be willing to help him/her with anything I can.(don't blame a man for not knowing,blame the man that did know and didn't tell)
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanover
.im sure you have a car/truck you don't know everything about..
true but i would go to the respective forum and ask people that are the experts on that vehicle. I wouldn't ask DSM question on a vette forum it's just common sense I'm not trying to be rude I just replied to your comment why 100 people viewed it and didn't answer. Wasn't meant as an attack or to come off rude. if it seemed that way then I apologize
Old 09-15-2015, 11:03 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 624 Likes on 486 Posts

I looked without responding because I don't know the answer, but was hoping to learn something.

I have an issue with my Buick and was thinking about trying a new module and had the same question as the OP. I thought the Corvette Forum might have some answers like Bill Curlee gave. There are actually a lot of people that work on their cars and know something about them here. There is NO technical support on the Buick forums that I looked at. It seems their biggest issues are how to read the owners manual, what wax or oil to use, etc. Also a lot of misinformation there.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chicago1
true but i would go to the respective forum and ask people that are the experts on that vehicle. I wouldn't ask DSM question on a vette forum it's just common sense I'm not trying to be rude I just replied to your comment why 100 people viewed it and didn't answer. Wasn't meant as an attack or to come off rude. if it seemed that way then I apologize
Thanks for coming back,I knew there were people here that could help a vette brother.no worries.as for the answer , it does not need to be programed.plug&play.i guess it was a good ques.now me & QC VETTE have an answer.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QCVette
I looked without responding because I don't know the answer, but was hoping to learn something.

I have an issue with my Buick and was thinking about trying a new module and had the same question as the OP. I thought the Corvette Forum might have some answers like Bill Curlee gave. There are actually a lot of people that work on their cars and know something about them here. There is NO technical support on the Buick forums that I looked at. It seems their biggest issues are how to read the owners manual, what wax or oil to use, etc. Also a lot of misinformation there.
I sent it out to ABSfixer today il keep you posted on how it turns out.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:56 PM
xdmikey
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Well?

I thought abs fixer was about a two day turn but maybe I'm rushing things!

The forum you should look at is performance trucks.net

Get notified of new replies

To Non Vette question ...

Quick Reply: Non Vette question ...