C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running OBX headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:34 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Anyone running OBX headers?

Saw a nice set of OBX headers, X-pipe and hi-flo cats, all for about $900 shipped, brand new on E-bay. Has anyone tried these?
Old 05-30-2016, 05:01 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Do a Google search including using Corvette forum and OBX. You'll find some. Many more though use Texas Speed or XS Power headers for around the same loot.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

The last time I saw pictures of the OBX headers, the design had improved and they looked pretty good. I have no idea on how they now fit though.

Previously, they were a poorer design. Small tubes and often the midpipe didn't fit without force. The O2's never cleared the tunnel plate either. So, they got a deserved bad reputation.

I'm running XSPower. The better looking OBX ystem wasn't around when I bought mine.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:01 AM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
The last time I saw pictures of the OBX headers, the design had improved and they looked pretty good. I have no idea on how they now fit though.

Previously, they were a poorer design. Small tubes and often the midpipe didn't fit without force. The O2's never cleared the tunnel plate either. So, they got a deserved bad reputation.

I'm running XSPower. The better looking OBX ystem wasn't around when I bought mine.
Thanx. How do you like the XS system?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:51 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

It's been a good system.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:19 PM
twizted91gt
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Get the newly redesigned Texas speed headers or the XS Power ones before the OBX. Many owners on this site use the TSP and XS with good results. I have the ceramic TSP longtubes and Xpipe and am very happy for what i paid for the setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running OBX headers?

Quick Reply: Anyone running OBX headers?