C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't drive my vette:(

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Black_C5
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I can't drive my vette:(

Long story short the fender that hides the pcm broke straight through and ripped some wiring that connects to the pcm. I checked codes and I get 10-PCM No Comm. Obviously this means the pcm isn't communicating but I'm trying to figure out why. I spliced the wires that were ripped and.checked voltages and everything looks good except car won't start and keeps saying No Comm. Abs/traction light are on and on DIC it says low fuel, reduced engine power, service vehicle, and ect. Also thermostat gauge and gas gauge arnt working either now. They were before perfectly. So gents any help would be appreciated before I call a mechanic to look at it. Opinions needed thank you.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:29 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

There are a lot of wires going to the PCM and they are thin and delicate.
If the wiring harness got destroyed then you may need to source a gingerly used one from salvage.

Last edited by Rob 02; 09-01-2016 at 03:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SG Lou (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

This may sound weird but open BOTH DOORS and shake the rubber accordion tube that connects the door to the A pillar.

See if that clears up the NO COMMS issue.

Clear ALL the DTCs and recheck.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Black_C5
Instructor

I looked at buying wires and a whole new harness is pretty expensive but they also sell just the plug part but I would still have to somehow splice that if I bought it so it'd be the same thing.
Ill look inside the doors once I get home from work and try that. Thanks again guys anything will help!
Old 09-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Black_C5
Instructor

Problem solved!!! I guess fuse blew out on the underhood of the car. Changed it and car started right up and lights turned off on dash. Solution was found due to me lurking through the forums. Thanks again guys for the ideas. Time to drive😁😁😁😁

Get notified of new replies

To I can't drive my vette:(

Quick Reply: I can't drive my vette:(