C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:18 AM
02general
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ignition cutting out

Hi everyone, got an 02 Z06 that is doing some strange things. If I run her up to redline through the gears when I'm at the top of 3rd and shifting into 4th there's a miss when I let the clutch out. I have noticed 1 thing though, if I put it in competitive driving mode it doesn't do it. Does that sound like something in the tune with the torque manangement or something? Thanks .
Old 11-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Are you POSITIVE that you are not causing the ABS to kick in? The next time you do it, keep an eye on the IPC DIC Message center and see if you see an ABS message (ABS ACTIVE)

When you enter COMP Mode , ABS is turned OFF.

Active Handling is still active

What happens if you turn it to OFF?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:15 AM
02general
Instructor

Im not sure if it's the ABS or not. I don't think it is, something sure is going on with the 3rd to 4th shift. I'm spinning shifting from 1st to 2nd and it doesn't do it. I haven't turned the active handling completely off and tried it yet. I'll remember to do that and see what happens.
Also have another question. When I do have it in copetitive driving mode and if I touch my gauges button on the dic and scroll through them does that turn competitive driving mode off? How exactly do you turn comp mode off?
So if it is my ABS kicking in how would I go about correcting it so that it won't? Thanks

Last edited by 02general; 11-04-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

"So if it is my ABS kicking in how would I go about correcting it so that it won't?"

LOL!! Better TIRES!

When you see COMP MODE in the DIC, its there until, you:

- Turn the ignition off
- Change the Mode selector to another mode
- When comp mode is selected and displayed in the DIC, NO DIC buttons effect its operation. Yes, it will disappear in the DIC display but you are still in comp mode.

REMEMBER,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When you are in COMP MODE, Traction Control should NOT be active,,,, You should be able to roast the tires. HOWEVER, If the car yaws left or right, ACTIVE HANDLING can and will kick in to get the car going in the direction that you have the steering wheel pointed.

BC

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 11-04-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:57 AM
imjdoggie
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

My only wish is COMPETITON MODE would stay lit. I have a tendency to forget then I accidently scare the $h!t out of myself not remembering I'm in COMP MODE.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:29 PM
02general
Instructor

Thanks for the help guys. Now I'm not sure my active handling system is working like it should. With it on, I can light the tires up. I guess the ABS doesn't cut power on the 1st to 2nd shift because I'm below the speed threshold, tires are spinning like crazy and I can feel the *** end moving around a good bit.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:52 PM
02general
Instructor

When the ABS does intervene, does it cut the fuel or the ignition?

Get notified of new replies

To Ignition cutting out

Quick Reply: Ignition cutting out