C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the total front/rear wheel travel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:40 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default What is the total front/rear wheel travel?

Just raised my lowered rear back up 1.25 in to gain some suspension travel. Trying to get somewhere closer to the center of total travel. With it lowered, I had little compression travel left, and of course, plenty of rebound travel. I would guess the center of total suspension travel would be close to stock?
The following users liked this post:
Enel (11-19-2022)
Old 09-27-2015, 03:23 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Just guessing it is somewhere near 6 inches of total wheel travel. I measured 3 1/2 in droop from ride height, to tire off the ground. So, if I knew if it is 6 in total, my suspension would have 2 1/2 in of compression travel. It rode like it only had 1 in when lowered.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 AM
REDHOTS
Racer

Does anyone know what the f/r total suspension travel is? I would love to know before I pull a wheel, and disconnect the spring to measure it. Rear won't be that hard to check, but not so sure in the front?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:59 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

I don't have an exact number but the shocks have around 4" of travel and the shock to wheel travel ratio is likely around 1.5:1, so I would think that your 6" number is within an inch of the travel.

I would just raise it back up until you get a decent ride. I bet you'll find it rides way too high by the time you leave yourself around 2.5" of droop travel.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the total front/rear wheel travel?

Quick Reply: What is the total front/rear wheel travel?