C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 ONLY low Beam head lights won't work???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:42 PM
dday1482
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 ONLY low Beam head lights won't work???

I have seen several threads concerning the head lights for the c5, most are talking about the lights not popping up or the high beams not working as well. My issue is only concerning the low beams not coming on (or staying on) and not retracting if the low beams decide not to work.

The high beams come on just fine so if I drive with them on for a little bit and switch over to the lows, every once in a while I can get the lows to turn on.

When the problem first started the lows cut out while I was driving down the road a couple of times and as time went on they stopped turning on altogether (but always popped up).

The only other clue I have is that once the headlights are up, if the low beams aren't working, the headlights will not retract unless I switch to High Beams. Also I have to turn the fog lights back on after the low beams fail. I always keep them on and notice they turn them selves off after the low beam cuts out while driving.

I figure its either the switch or the relay. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I wiggle the switch around a bit. I would think I could get them to turn on briefly if the switch was the case. I'm a little lost on this.......... and poor so I'd like to get some thoughts before throwing money at it.

Thank you all for your time

Last edited by dday1482; 01-12-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Sounds like your MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH is on its way out.

Quick Reply: C5 ONLY low Beam head lights won't work???