C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May have found a FIX..Wiper cowl rubber seal

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmagloo
Imho, the problem with superglue and the like is, it's messy and very hard to get a clean result. And, there is a chance you could damage the part(s) as well, making it harder next time around.
I dunno mate....I used CA glue and got a clean repair.
The key is to BE CAREFUL
The following users liked this post:
h8snow (06-08-2023)
Old 04-20-2022, 01:39 AM
jimmy4645
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TastyBacon
Nice fix! I wish this would work for mine, but the rubber has shrunk so much, it's now about an inch shorter than the cowl Still looking for a replacement...
did you ever end up finding a replacement? I’m looking for one for mine. It shrunk pretty bad
Old 04-20-2022, 10:49 AM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy4645
did you ever end up finding a replacement? I’m looking for one for mine. It shrunk pretty bad
I ended up using this stuff: https://www.autozone.com/trim-dress-...rim/543611_0_0
It's not the greatest, doesn't really seal against the windshield like the original, but it's better than nothing. Honestly, you don't even really need a seal there. I ran without for quite a while, and nothing bad happens. It does look a little better having something there, though.

Quick Reply: May have found a FIX..Wiper cowl rubber seal