C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch will not fully disengage 2000 C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 AM
ottorexus
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch will not fully disengage 2000 C5

Pulled engine to replace upper oil pan gasket, While engine was out sealed everything, replaced clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder.
Worked great for a couple of months and the Slave failed and I lost all fluid.
dropped the rear to move everything back enough to replace the slave and worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now it wont go to reverse without turning off. clutch began to let out low. after driving some more it got worse and have to shift slowly or will grind gears. Clutch is not disengaging completely but is drivable. I've bled the system.

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem could be??? I'm kinda lost now
Old 04-24-2017, 03:45 AM
jimmyLSX
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Clutch began to let out low, Harder to shift, sounds like your clutch master cylinder is failing. When you've bled it, has the fluid came out slightly dark or black? Also have you inspected where the clutch pedal is and checked where the rod going into the clutch master cylinder is leaking, push the pedal in with your hand and with a light pointed at the hole where rod enters and see if fluid is coming out, also does the pedal squeek at all? Also with the slave failing did it affect your clutchs grabbing, usually when the slave fails it spits the fluid all over the clutch assembly, causing the clutch to slip in time and create a whole lot of shifting issues all together.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM
huesmann
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Are you able to determine that the slave has the correct amount of travel?

Get notified of new replies

To clutch will not fully disengage 2000 C5

Quick Reply: clutch will not fully disengage 2000 C5