C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clb installed now car won't run right

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Elvin Donelson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clb installed now car won't run right

i have a 99 c5 corvette, the recall hasn't been done but I purchased a bypass kit. Installed the bypass kit as the instructions say. Now the car has the 2 mph cut off, it will stall out and bog out when I try to drive it. I still get the pull key and service column lock message even after the install. The kit I have is the clb everyone uses. I have no idea what to do, and idk if they'll perform the recall since the wheel isn't locked anymore. I would appreciate some help before I just sell the car and take a loss.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Elvin Donelson
i have a 99 c5 corvette, the recall hasn't been done but I purchased a bypass kit. Installed the bypass kit as the instructions say. Now the car has the 2 mph cut off, it will stall out and bog out when I try to drive it. I still get the pull key and service column lock message even after the install. The kit I have is the clb everyone uses. I have no idea what to do, and idk if they'll perform the recall since the wheel isn't locked anymore. I would appreciate some help before I just sell the car and take a loss.

DID you install the LMC5 CLB?? The person that sell the LMC5 provides excellent coustmor assistance if you call them.

Have you read your DTCs using the DIC? If so, please post the DTCs that are present. If there are lots of old DTCs, clear them and see what comes back.

Bill
Old 05-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts

Your statements are a bit contradictory.

If the car has 2 MPH cutoff then a recall of some sort was performed as the implementation of the 2 MPH cutoff is part of the recall procedure. Obviously there are varying degrees of what service would have been actually performed, but a 2 MPH cutoff is a easy identifier re: presence of recall work being performed.

Get notified of new replies

To Clb installed now car won't run right

Quick Reply: Clb installed now car won't run right