C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N2MB WOT Box Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default WOT Install

It would not be a fair comparison to gauge install time with me.

But I would expect 3-4 hours. You have disassemble time and soldering. Also running wires to the PCM in my case. Others have connected to bother wires closer.

Originally Posted by nsogiba
Thank you!

I didn't tackle the install last night, figured I would wait until I had all the documents I needed.

How long would you say it would take you guys to install if you were doing it again? Hopefully I can blow some flames this weekend!
The following users liked this post:
nsogiba (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Richard A. Snitzer
It would not be a fair comparison to gauge install time with me.

But I would expect 3-4 hours. You have disassemble time and soldering. Also running wires to the PCM in my case. Others have connected to bother wires closer.
Took me about the same time. I was going over every step 3-4 times to make sure i cut the right wires, etc.

Here is a video of 2 step:

nsogiba (10-05-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 10:53 PM
nsogiba
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 233 Posts

Ok, install complete. No real issues other than having to make up some wire extensions under the fusebox and at the purple PCM wire. The short nature of the wire makes it extremely tough to solder wires there. Maybe I just suck, but all my joints are strong and water proof now.

Testing impressions - holy crap, where did all this power come from? No lift shift is great but my tires spin on each and every shift. It also takes a ton of getting used to, as in keeping the pedal down during shifts. I was able to blow a couple fireballs on the highway - with the cutouts open (they dump right underneath the transmission) it sounds like a bomb going off under the car. Love it. My next project is to relocate the cutouts to the rear mufflers to make a "bypass mod on demand" so that all gases/flames are routed out the back.

I need new tires
Old 10-07-2017, 11:21 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 493lszosix

Anyone have any screen shots of their WOT Box User Interface with their setup?

here is a screenshot from mine but it's not an automatic so may not be of help
can you no lift shift without hitting the limiter with it set to 25ms?... I originally had mine set to 300ms and it seemed too long so I switched to 150ms and that was alot better but I couldn't imagine being able to shift fast enough at 25ms
Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Efx
Pro

Ok, install complete. No real issues other than having to make up some wire extensions under the fusebox and at the purple PCM wire. The short nature of the wire makes it extremely tough to solder wires there. Maybe I just suck, but all my joints are strong and water proof now.

Testing impressions - holy crap, where did all this power come from? No lift shift is great but my tires spin on each and every shift. It also takes a ton of getting used to, as in keeping the pedal down during shifts. I was able to blow a couple fireballs on the highway - with the cutouts open (they dump right underneath the transmission) it sounds like a bomb going off under the car. Love it. My next project is to relocate the cutouts to the rear mufflers to make a "bypass mod on demand" so that all gases/flames are routed out the back.

I need new tires
Well done. Mind posting a screenshot of your current settings? thx
Old 10-08-2017, 01:01 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
can you no lift shift without hitting the limiter with it set to 25ms?... I originally had mine set to 300ms and it seemed too long so I switched to 150ms and that was alot better but I couldn't imagine being able to shift fast enough at 25ms
I had originally worked my way down to 75 and I was there for about a year and thought that was about the fastest I could get, I was never able to improve it at the drag strip just seemed there were too many other things to think about but found a place I could go late at night and I basically just practiced the 2-3 shift cause I knew if I could do that then I could do the 1-2, went to 50 for awhile then down to 25

of course you have to have a good clutch, transmission ect, I also have a couple washers for the venom mod or I forgot whatever it's called to help it shift easier
Old 10-08-2017, 07:10 PM
nsogiba
Drifting

Had a nice long drive today out in the country and put some more miles on the unit. For some reason I'm not always able to get the "pop" or "bang" when I shift. Foot is fully to the floor.

I am wondering if my TPS voltage isn't set to engage soon enough, or maybe I'm not getting on the throttle fast enough after the shift to start the "cycle" again.

Is it also possible I need to uncheck the "auto" setting for NLS and extend the shift time? My T56 is grouchy on the 1-2 but fine on the rest.
Efx (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

following this
Old 10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I had originally worked my way down to 75 and I was there for about a year and thought that was about the fastest I could get, I was never able to improve it at the drag strip just seemed there were too many other things to think about but found a place I could go late at night and I basically just practiced the 2-3 shift cause I knew if I could do that then I could do the 1-2, went to 50 for awhile then down to 25

of course you have to have a good clutch, transmission ect, I also have a couple washers for the venom mod or I forgot whatever it's called to help it shift easier
I have a built tr6060, act twin disc, and mgw shifter with 1 washer on the detent and it shifts really smooth and precise but dang 25ms is crazy fast... I usually don't use the no lift shift on 1-2 so I don't break traction too hard but I always use it on 2-3 and 3-4, tried it on 5th once and pegged the limiter and haven't tried that since
Old 10-08-2017, 09:03 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Originally Posted by neutron82
I have a built tr6060, act twin disc, and mgw shifter with 1 washer on the detent and it shifts really smooth and precise but dang 25ms is crazy fast... I usually don't use the no lift shift on 1-2 so I don't break traction too hard but I always use it on 2-3 and 3-4, tried it on 5th once and pegged the limiter and haven't tried that since

I've been using it about 3 years now so have just gotten used to it plus I run in the 1/8 mile so only have two shifts since only going into 3rd gear, once you get used to 75mls then 25 feels about the same, I don't really get to use it on the street since no one ever tries to race me but couldn't imagine trying to use it going into 5th! that's crazy I would be afraid my trans would end up breaking at that speed with my luck, I would be too scared to try!

You shouldn't have any problems with your setup I bet your trans is easier to shift then mine, I have rxt twin, mgw shifter, m12 with billit keys and springs and bronze shift forks
Old 10-08-2017, 09:30 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Had a nice long drive today out in the country and put some more miles on the unit. For some reason I'm not always able to get the "pop" or "bang" when I shift. Foot is fully to the floor.

I am wondering if my TPS voltage isn't set to engage soon enough, or maybe I'm not getting on the throttle fast enough after the shift to start the "cycle" again.

Is it also possible I need to uncheck the "auto" setting for NLS and extend the shift time? My T56 is grouchy on the 1-2 but fine on the rest.
I never tried the auto setting so not familiar with it but you might try 250 or 200 but the lower you go it seems the less chance you have for it to backfire or maybe even try 300 and go down from there, the longer the delay the more fuel buildup and more chance of it backfiring
Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Efx
Pro

Same here. Mine is set on auto and i rarely get the pop when shifting gears.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:21 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I never tried the auto setting so not familiar with it but you might try 250 or 200 but the lower you go it seems the less chance you have for it to backfire or maybe even try 300 and go down from there, the longer the delay the more fuel buildup and more chance of it backfiring
same here, I never messed with the auto setting so I'm not sure how that works either... how rich (or lean) the tune is might also play a part, the leaner the wot afr the less excess fuel you will have to build up in the exhaust and burn off... 300ms just seemed too slow to me, it felt like I was shifting faster than the ignition cut and the longer it cuts out the more speed/rpm you lose but if someone just wants it to pop and shoot fireballs and aren't worried about speed then that should work lol... it is a good starting point though and work your way down when you get comfortable
Old 10-09-2017, 08:21 AM
nsogiba
Drifting

I'll shut off auto and see how it goes, probably start out at 350ms or so.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you!

I didn't tackle the install last night, figured I would wait until I had all the documents I needed.

How long would you say it would take you guys to install if you were doing it again? Hopefully I can blow some flames this weekend!

a while. Expect a half day.

Quick Reply: N2MB WOT Box Wiring