C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diagnosing vibration from under shifter MN6. Found squeak noise in clutch pedal...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:25 PM
97Z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnosing vibration from under shifter MN6. Found squeak noise in clutch pedal...

Hello all. Thank you in advanced for the help!

So I have been trying to diagnose an issue with my car for a few weeks. I am getting a strong vibration under the dash/under the shifter area during 3k-4kRPM. It vibrates harder in 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd and 4th gear seem to be not so bad. I know I will need to drop the entire drive line,clutch,trans ect to actually make any repairs.

I now have a noise (Squeaking) in the sweet spot of the clutch pedal. I call the sweet spot right when the clutch pedal is at the point of engages/disengages. I apologize if I am not explaining this correctly. Anyway. No matter what gear I am in or what speed, if I push the clutch in enough to almost disengage, I get a squeaking noise that is going along with the car. If i put car in N or let the car coast in gear, there is no noise, noise only happens when the clutch is pushed in a certain point.

Does this mean that I can actually narrow down the issue to the clutch somewhere since it is making noise when the clutch pedal is in use?

I already did an LS7 clutch kit a few years ago when my stock clutch slave cylinder failed right after adding all the HP. I do clean the clutch fluid every fill up using the froggy method as to keep fluid clean.

Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be appreciated

Quick Reply: diagnosing vibration from under shifter MN6. Found squeak noise in clutch pedal...