C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Installed New GM Harness, Throwing P0343, P0342, P0327

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:29 PM
zambiniftm
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just Installed New GM Harness, Throwing P0343, P0342, P0327

Hello all,

I just installed a new GM harness on my 01 Z06, and I am getting the following codes:

P0327 H C
P0342 H C
P0343 H

A little background on the car:

01 z, with a katech ls2 427. Original 01 harness was burnt and crispy, causing electrical problems before teardown and harness replacement. After replacing the harness, I'm not experiencing any electrical problems, but the car is now throwing these pcm codes. The car did not throw these codes before harness install! I have cleared the codes once, and they reappeared the next time i started the car, labeled as listed above. The procedure i followed to install the harness was to remove the intake manifold- the engine was not taken out of the car, and no internal bits were touched. The new 01 Z harness plugged right in to all modules and sensors on the ls2 and did not require any modification.

After doing some research, i see the codes denote both high and low voltage from the cam position sensor, as well as a knock sensor code. The car hesitates to start, which tells me the pcm is using default values for the cps, and isnt receiving a signal from the sensor. I assume the bad timing is causing the car to throw a knock sensor code.. Please correct me if I'm wrong here!

Also, after looking at numerous threads, it looks like my options are as follows:

-Use a Tech 2 scanner to do a cps relearn procedure

-Remove the intake manifold and swap the wiring for the cps at the
connector.

-check cam gear bolts

-replace sensors

I'm at a loss as to where I should start. I wouldn't want to start and run the car to do a cps relearn if the bad timing is causing detonation and harming the engine. I looked at the connection at the sensor behind the intake mani and it looks like the brown and red wires sit on opposite sides of the pink center wire when comparing the new main harness into the connector, vs the pigtail harness coming out of it to the actual sensor. This seems like an obvious sign i should swap the wires, but i looked at my old harness, and the brown and red wires seem to be oriented the same way into the connector, relative to the clip... which makes me think the wiring is actually the same as it was before! I didn't crack the engine open during the harness swap, so I find it hard to believe that the cam bolts are suddenly backed out. The sensor itself wasn't changed, so it doesn't seem possible that it is now touching the reluctor wheel, since it wasn't before. Also I can't see why the sensor would suddenly be malfunctioning.

So this leads me to believe that I should simply do the relearn procedure, but as I said before, I'm scared to start the car and run it at WOT if this procedure is going to damage the engine. I will also recheck my connections at the actual pcm. I've checked the connections at the harness for the sensors, and they seem to be properly connected.

Also, does it seem odd to anyone else that the pcm is reading both high and low voltage from the cps? I'm wondering what this points to.

Thoughts please? Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

-Aaron
Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

I have a coupe that I replaced the wiring harness on when I did my engine rebuild. I put in an LS6 cam but didn't have any codes.

It did take about 8 tries to get it to start and stay running. It would run for about 2 seconds then die. After that it ran fine with no codes.

I am wondering if your cars PCM is trying to relearn the sensors. Did you have battery power and key on while the harness was off of the engine? if so that may have confused the computer.

I don't think you can hurt the engine running it for short periods of time. Back in the day you would have the engine running while you adjusted the timing and fuel mixture. I don't see how this is much different.

Do you think the harness or connectors were damaged in any way?

Last edited by Rob 02; 05-29-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:04 AM
zambiniftm
Intermediate

Thanks for your reply!

The car never had power during the harness removal/install, but the car DID have power when it began electronically freaking out a few months ago. The problem was the wires around the starter, as well as some of the thin grounds on the harness. the thing was toast, and basically right before I tore it out, the car looked like it was possessed by a poltergeist when the key was in the ignition... so there's quite a chance that all this stuff misinformed the pcm before the old harness was ripped out and replaced.

The new harness and connectors- nah, i dont think there was really any opportunity to damage them. It was a pretty straight-forward install and nothing felt awkward or needed to be forced beyond reason. Everything basically just clipped right in..

The thing about the pcm trying to relearn stuff is the actual procedure for relearning the cam position sensor values involves a full WOT pull to redline (fuel cut) lol.. so it's a bit more severe than just idling the engine for a bit lol. Anybody know how harmful it would be to perform the CPS relearn procedure IF the relearn isnt whats causing the code to be thrown?
Old 05-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Since you said its an LS2, can I assume the knock sensors are on side of block and cam sensor is on front cover? If so, sounds like the harness you replaced did not have the adapter harnesses for the knock and cam sensors. Do you have headers? Check the adapter harnesses on drivers side of block and I believe you will find your issues.
Chris
Old 05-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

^Yeah, I assumed you converted everything mechanical to be like the LS1.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:36 PM
mike venth
mike v

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Her is a list of codes...If you don't have them, save this for later

C5 DTC CODES
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Displaying
This vehicle is equipped with an on-board diagnostic display feature capable displaying DTCs. By selecting
specific buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC), DTCs are displayed on the DIC 20 character
display unit. This feature allows DTCs to be read or cleared without the use of a scan tool. When the
diagnostic mode is first entered, the DIC will enter into an automatic display sequence and will display all
systems that communicate on the serial data line. After each system is displayed, the DIC will display the
number of DTCs (current or history) for that system. The manual diagnostic mode may be selected at any
time during the automatic DTC display sequence by pressing any button on the DIC except the E/M button.
In the manual diagnostic mode, you can manually select what module to display. In this mode, DTCs are
only displayed for a specific module and will not proceed to the next until requested. Both diagnostic mode
displays will also indicate if the DTC is a current DTC (malfunction present now) or a history DTC
(malfunction has occurred, but is not present now) with a C or an H, respectively. Diagnostics will
automatically be exited if no DIC buttons are pressed for 60 seconds.
There are 12 Computer Modules that transmit diagnostics: (9 Base Vehicle and 3 RPO dependant)
• PCM (Powertrain Control Module)
• TCS (Traction Control System)
• RTD (Real Time Damping) (only if equipped with F45 RPO)
• BCM (Body Control Module)
• SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
• IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)
• RADIO (Radio)
• HVAC (Heater, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) (only if equipped with Auto Temp Control – CJ2 RPO)
• LDCM (Left Door Control Module)
• RDCM (Right Door Control Module)
• SCM (Seat Control Module) (only if equipped with Memory Package - AAB RPO)
• RFA (Remote Function Actuation) (known as the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR))
Entering On-Board Diagnostics
To enter the Diagnostic Display function perform the following steps:
1. Turn ON the ignition switch, with the engine OFF.
2. Press the RESET button to acknowledge any warning messages present.
3. Press the OPTIONS button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) and hold.
4. While holding the OPTIONS button press the FUEL button 4 times within a 5 second period.
5. System will first enter automatic display mode followed by the manual display mode.
Automatic Display DTC Mode
The automatic display feature allows you to read each module DTC display function in an automatic
display sequence. Each system module DTC will be displayed for 3 seconds followed by a 1 second pause
before the next DTC is displayed in an automatic sequence. If no DTC information is available from the
system currently displayed on the DIC, the DIC will display NO CODES for that system. If there is a
communications problem between any systems, the IPC will display NO COMM when the DIC is trying to
communicate with that system. When all DTCs have been displayed for all systems, the IDIC will display
NO MORE CODES for 2 seconds before entering the manual mode. At any time during the automatic
display function, the manual display feature can be activated by pressing any button on the DIC except the
E/M button. The E/M button is used to completely exit the DIAGNOSTICS mode at any time.
C5 DTC CODES
Manual Display DTC Mode
The manual display feature allows you to manually select each module DTC display function. The manual
mode will automatically be entered after the automatic DTC display sequence is complete, or can be
entered at any time during the automatic mode by pressing any button on the DIC except the E/M (E/M
button is used to exit the DIAGNOSTIC mode at any time). When the manual mode is selected, the IPC will
display the MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS mode message for 2 seconds, or until any button on the DIC except
the E/M is pressed. After the MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS mode message is displayed, the IPC will display
the first system abbreviation and quantity of codes stored for that system, then the IPC will wait for further
instructions. The buttons on the DIC provide the following functions when operating the on-board
diagnostic feature in the manual mode:
DIC Button Function When In Manual Mode
1. FUEL Previous DTC
2. GAGES Next DTC
3. TRIP Previous System
4. OPTIONS Next System
5. E/M Exit Diagnostics
6. RESET Clear DTCs
Clearing DTCs
Disconnecting the battery or the IPC connectors will not clear a DTC. A DTC can only be cleared in one of
the following three ways:
• Using the DIC On--Board diagnostic feature.
• Using a scan tool.
• The IPC will automatically clear a DTC if the malfunction has not occurred within 50 ignition cycles.
To clear DTCs press and hold the RESET button to clear DTCs for the system displayed.
NOTE!! Only reset the codes IF you want to - it is NOT necessary to do this. Clearing a code does not
repair a problem. You are simply erasing the evidence of it in the module's memory.
Once you have the codes, the next question is: What to do with the information? First, consult the factory
service manual.
The diagnostics for some diagnostic codes call for a scan tester. Also known as scan tools or
scanners these units are really hand-held diagnostic computers. A little larger than a portable
cassette recorder, powered by the car battery and connected to the diagnostic link connector (DLC);
they collect computer module data and display it on a small screen. Scan testers are operated by a
small keypad. Software is usually in plug-in cartridges covering a specific model year. Where you
might get stuck needing one of these pieces of equipment is when the Service Manual calls for
operating a specific module with a scan tester. If you are trying to solve a diagnostic code and
determine that a scan tester is required but don't have access to one; take the car to a service
facility for repairs.

C5 DTC CODES
CORVETTE SYSTEMS FREQUENTLY USED ABBREVIATIONS
A
ABS Antilock Brake System
A/C Air Conditioning
ACC Accessory, Automatic Climate Control
ACL Air Cleaner
ADL Automatic Door Lock
A/F Air/Fuel Ratio
AH Active Handling
AIR Secondary Air Injection
APCM Accessory Power Control Module
A/T Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
ATSLC Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control
B
BCM Body Control Module
BPCM Battery Pack Control Module
BPMV Brake Pressure Modulator Valve
BPP Brake Pedal Position
BTM Battery Thermal Module
BTSI Brake Transmission Shift Interlock
C Degrees Celsius
CCP Climate Control Panel
CEX Cabin Exchanger
CLS Coolant Level Switch
COMM Communication
CPU Central Processing Unit
CTP Closed Throttle Position
D
DCM Door Control Module
DDM Driver Door Module
DIC Driver Information Center
DLC Data Link Connector
DMCM Drive Motor Control Module
DMSDS Drive Motor Speed and Direction Sensor
DRL Daytime Running Lamps
DRP Dynamic Rear Proportioning
DTC Diagnostic Trouble Code
E
EBTCM Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module
EBCM Electronic Brake Control Module
ECC Electronic Climate Control
ECL Engine Coolant Level
ECS Emission Control System
ECT Engine Coolant Temperature
EFI Electronic Fuel Injection
EGR Exhaust Gas Recirculation
ESC Electronic Suspension Control
EVAP Evaporative Emission
H
HO2S Heated Oxygen Sensor
HUD Head-up Display
HVAC Heater-Ventilation-Air Conditioning
HVACM Heater-Vent-Air Conditioning Module
I
IAC Idle Air Control
IAT Intake Air Temperature
ICM Ignition Control Module
IPC Instrument Panel Cluster
IPM Instrument Panel Module
I/PEC Instrument Panel Electrical Center
ISC Idle Speed Control
K
KAM Keep Alive Memory
L
LDCM Left Door Control Module
LDM Lamp Driver Module
M
MAF Mass Air Flow
MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure
MAT Manifold Absolute Temperature
MDP Manifold Differential Pressure
MIL Malfunction Indicator Lamp
M/T Manual Transmission/Transaxle
O
O2S Oxygen Sensor
OBD On-Board Diagnostics
OBD II On-Board Diagnostics Second Generation
P
PAG Polyalkylene Glycol
PASS-Key® Personalized Automotive Security System
PDM Passenger Door Module
PCM Powertrain Control Module
PCV Positive Crankcase Ventilation
PWM Pulse Width Modulated
R
RAP Retained Accessory Power
RCDLR Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
RDCM Right Door Control Module
RFA Remote Function Actuation
RKE Remote Keyless Entry
RSS Road Sensing Suspension
RTD Real Time Damping
S
SCM Seat Control Module
SDM Sensing and Diagnostic Module
SIR Supplemental Inflatable Restraint
SRC Service Ride Control
SRS Supplemental Restraint System
SWPS Steering Wheel Position Sensor
T
TAC Throttle Actuator Control
TCS Traction Control System
TFP Transmission Fluid Pressure
TFT Transmission Fluid Temperature
TP Throttle Position
TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring, Tire Pressure Monitor
TXV Thermal Expansion Valve
V
VAC Vehicle Access Code
VATS Vehicle Anti-Theft System
VCM Vehicle Control Module
VES Variable Effort Steering
VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor
W
WOT Wide Open Throttle
W/P Water Pump
W/S Windshield
WSS Wheel Speed Sensor
C5 DTC CODES
Once again, The Diagnostic Display Mode is entered with the following procedure:
1) Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
2) Press the RESET button to turn off any warning messages.
3) Press and hold OPTIONS.
4) While holding OPTIONS, press FUEL four times within a 10-second period.
5) System will first enter automatic display mode followed by the manual display mode
The following is a list of DTCs (sorted in alpha-numeric order). Included for each DTC, is a brief
description, the Module (or modules if the DTC can be generated by more than one module) that generates
the DTC and the system affected by the DTC. Note that DTC’s definitions that do not apply to all C5 model
years are identified as follows:
DTC codes in Red (DTC code preceded by ^) apply to 2001 through 2004 model years.
DTC codes in Blue (DTC code preceded by *) apply only to 1997 though 2000 model years.
DTC codes in Gold (DTC code preceded by @) apply to 1997 through 2002 and early 2003.
DTC codes in Green (DTC code preceded by #) apply to 2004 model year (also late 2003 models).
List revised 09/13/2012 to Read:
C1225 LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
C1226 RF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
Revised 9/14/2012:
2004 Specific DTC codes added

C5 DTC CODES
DTC Description Modules System
B0016
Right Front/Passenger Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1)
Resistance Low SDM SIR
B0017
Right Front/Passenger Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Open
Circuit SDM SIR
B0018
Right Front/Passenger Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Short to
Ground/Voltage Out of Range SDM SIR
B0022
Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Resistance
Low SDM SIR
B0024
Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Short to
Ground/Voltage Out of Range SDM SIR
B0026 Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Open Circuit SDM SIR
B0051 Deployment Commanded SDM SIR
B0053 Deployment Commanded with Loop Malfunctions Present SDM SIR
B0090 Active Switch Voltage Out of Range SDM SIR
B0091 Active Switch: Wrong State SDM SIR
B0332 Outside Air Temp Sensor Short to GND HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0333 Outside Air Temp Sensor Open HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0337 Inside Air Temp Sensor Short to GND HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0338 Inside Air Temp Sensor Open HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0348 Sun load Temperature Sensor Open HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0361 Left Actuator Feedback Short to GND HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0363 Left Actuator Feedback Open HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0365 Right Actuator Feedback Short to GND HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0367 Right Actuator Feedback Open HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0432 Rear Defogger Relay Circuit BCM Stationary Windows
B0433 Rear Defogger Relay Circuit BCM Stationary Windows
B0441 Left HVAC Actuator Out of Range HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0446 Right HVAC Actuator Out of Range HVAC
HVAC Systems
Automatic
B0502 RH DRL Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B0503 RH DRL Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B0507 LH DRL Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B0508 LH DRL Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B0516 Speedometer Signal Circuit Malfunction IPC
Instrument Panel, Gages,
and Console

C5 DTC CODES
B0521 Tachometer Signal Circuit Malfunction IPC IP, Gages, and Console
B0605 BCM Internal Memory Malfunction BCM Body Control Sys
B0846 Battery 2 Out of Range SCM Seats
B0851 Battery 1 Out of Range SCM Seats
B0856 5 Volt Reference Out of Range SCM Seats
B1000 ECU Malfunction
BCM, DDM,
EBCM, PDM,
SCM, SDM
SIR
B1001 Option Configuration Error
BCM, DDM,
EBCM, PDM,
SCM, SDM
SIR
B1512 DIC Switch 1 Signal Short to GND “FUEL” IPC DIC
B1517 DIC Switch 2 Signal Short to GND “GAGES” IPC DIC
B1522 DIC Switch 3 Signal Short to GND “TRIP” IPC DIC
B1527 DIC Switch 4 Signal Short to GND “OPTIONS” IPC DIC
B1532 DIC Switch 5 Signal Short to GND “E/M” IPC DIC
B1537 DIC Switch 6 Signal Short to GND “RESET IPC DIC
B1542 Oil Temperature Circuit Short to Ground IPC DIC
B1543 Oil Temperature Circuit Open IPC DIC
*B2002 Fore/Aft Seat Motor Open or Short to GND SCM Seats
*B2007 Front Vertical Seat Motor Open or Shorted SCM Seats
*B2012 Rear Vertical Seat Motor Open or Shorted SCM Seats
B2172 Seat Front Up Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2177 Seat Front Down Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2182 Seat Rear Up Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2187 Seat Rear Down Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2192 Seat Forward Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2197 Seat Reverse Switch Shorted to GND SCM Seats
B2202 Left Window Up Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2203 Right Window Up Switch Fault RDCM Doors
B2204 Left Window Down Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2205 Right Window Down Switch Fault RDCM Doors
B2206 Right Window Up Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2208 Right Window Down Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2222 LT Mirror Select Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2224 RT Mirror Select Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2226 Mirror Right Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2228 Mirror Left Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2232 Mirror Up Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2234 Mirror Down Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2236 Left Door Lock Switch Fault LDCM Doors, Theft Deterrent
C5 DTC CODES
B2237 Right Door Lock Switch Fault RDCM Doors, Theft Deterrent
B2238 Left Door Unlock Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2239 Right Door Un‐Lock Switch Fault RDCM Doors
B2242 Memory 1 Switch Fault LDCM Seats
B2244 Memory 2 Switch Fault LDCM Doors
B2252 Key Cylinder Switch Fault LDCM Doors, Theft Deterrent
B2253 Key Cylinder Switch Fault RDCM Doors, Theft Deterrent
B2262 Mirror Horizontal Position Sensor Fault LDCM Doors
B2263 Mirror Horizontal Position Sensor Fault RDCM Doors
B2264 Mirror Vertical Position Sensor Fault LDCM Doors
B2265 Mirror Vertical Position Sensor Fault RDCM Doors
B2272 Left Mirror Motor Fault LDCM Doors
B2273 Right Mirror Motor Fault RDCM Doors
B2274 Window Motor Fault LDCM Doors
B2275 Window Motor Fault RDCM Doors
B2276 Door Lock Motor/Mirror Heater Fault LDCM Doors
B2277 Door Lock Motor/Mirror Heater Fault RDCM Doors
B2278 Overcurrent Condition in Switch Backlighting Output LDCM Doors
B2279 Overcurrent Condition in Switch Backlighting Output RDCM Doors
@B2282 12V Power Feed #1 Fault LDCM Doors
@B2283 12V Power Feed #1 Fault RDCM Doors
@B2284 12V Power Feed #2 Fault LDCM Doors
@B2285 12V Power Feed #2 Fault RDCM Doors
@B2286 +5V Reference Fault LDCM Doors
@B2287 +5V Reference Fault RDCM Doors
B2403 Front Fog Lamp Switch Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2408 Rear Fog Lamp Switch Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2482 Backup Lamp Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2483 Backup Lamp Relay Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2527 Horn Relay Circuit BCM Horns
B2528 Horn Relay Circuit BCM Horns
B2567 Folding Top Release Switch Circuit BCM Body Rear End
B2573 Hatch Release Switch Circuit BCM Body Rear End
B2578 Right Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2583 Left Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit BCM Lighting Systems
B2587 Column Lock Open or Short to Gnd BCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
B2588 Column Lock Open or Short to Voltage BCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
B2592 Column Unlock Open or Short to Gnd BCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
C5 DTC CODES
B2593 Column Unlock Open or Short to Voltage BCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
B2597 Traction Control System Switch Circuit BCM Antilock Brake Sys
B2600 Seat Motor to Battery Voltage SCM Seats
B2605 Seat Front Vertical Position Sensor Failure SCM Seats
B2606 Seat Rear Vertical Position Sensor Failure SCM Seats
B2607 Seat Horizontal Position Sensor Failure SCM Seats
B2647 Ambient Light Sensor Circuit Low BCM Lighting Systems
B2648 Ambient Light Sensor Circuit High BCM Lighting Systems
B2721 PASS‐Key Detection Circuit BCM Theft Deterrent
B2722 PASS‐Key Detection Circuit BCM Theft Deterrent
B2723 PASS‐Key Detection Circuit BCM Theft Deterrent
B2735 PASS‐Key Programming Mode Active BCM Theft Deterrent
B2795 Suspension Control Select Switch Circuit Malfunction ESC
Electronic Suspension
Control
*B2805 No Transmitters Programmed RFA TPM
B2852 Telescoping Column In Switch Shorted to Ground SCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
B2857 Telescoping Column Out Switch Shorted to Ground SCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
B2860 Telescoping Column Position Sensor Failure SCM
Steering Wheel and
Column
^B3109 Keyless Entry Transmitter Low Battery RFA Keyless Entry
B3577 Suspension Control Select Switch Contact Malfunction ESC
Electronic Suspension
Control
C0550 ECU Internal Malfunction ESC Instrument Panel
C0563 Calibration ROM Checksum Error ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0577 LF Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0578 LF Suspension Actuator Circuit High ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0579 RF Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0582 LR Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0583 RF Suspension Actuator Circuit High ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0584 RR Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0587 Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0588 LR Suspension Actuator Circuit High ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0589 Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C5 DTC CODES
C0592 Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0593 RR Suspension Actuator Circuit High ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0594 Suspension Actuator Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0615 LF Suspension Position Sensor Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0620 RF Suspension Position Sensor Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0625 LR Suspension Position Sensor Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0630 RR Suspension Position Sensor Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0665 Chassis Pitch Signal Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0690 Damper Control Relay Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0691 Damper Control Relay Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0693 Damper Control Relay Circuit ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0695 Position Sensor Overcurrent (8 volt supply) ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
C0710 Steering Position Signal Malfunction ESC Electronic Suspension
Control
^C0750 LF Tire Pressure Sensor Circuit TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
^C0755 RF Tire Pressure Sensor Circuit TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
^C0760 LR Tire Pressure Sensor Circuit TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
^C0765 RR Tire Pressure Sensor Circuit TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
C1214 Solenoid Valve Relay Contact or Coil Circuit Open EBCM Instrument Panel
C1217 Pump Motor Relay Contact Circuit Open EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
^C1218 Pump Motor Circuit Shorted to Voltage or Motor Ground Open EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1221 LF Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0 EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1222 RF Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0 EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1223 LR Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0 EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1224 RR Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0 EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1225 LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1226 RF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1227 LR Excessive Wheel Speed Variation EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1228 RR Excessive Wheel Speed Variation EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1232 LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1233 RF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1234 LR Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1235 RR Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C5 DTC CODES
C1236 Low System Supply Voltage EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1237 High System Supply Voltage EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1241 MAGNA STEER Circuit Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1242 BPMV Pump Motor Ground Circuit Open EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1243 BPMV Pump Motor Stalled EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1247 Brake Pressure Differential Switch Activated EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
^C1248 DRP Disabled EBCM Hydraulic Brakes
^C1254 Abnormal Shutdown Detected EBCM Hydraulic Brakes
C1255 ECU Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1256 ECU Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1261 LF Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1262 LF Outlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1263 RF Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1264 RF Outlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1265 LR Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1266 LR Outlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1267 RR Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1268 RR Outlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
*C1271 LF TCS Master Cylinder Isolation Valve Malfunction EBTCM ABS/TCS
*C1272 LF TCS Valve Solenoid Malfunction ABS ABS/TCS/DIC EBTCM ABS/TCS
C1273 RF TCS Master Cyl Isolation Valve Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1274 RF TCS Prime Valve Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1277 Requested Torque Signal CKT Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1278 TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1281 Steering Sensor Uncorrelated Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1282 Yaw Rate Sensor Bias Circuit Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1283 Steering Sensor Uncorrelated Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1284 Lateral Accelerometer Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1285 Lateral Accelerometer Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1286 Steering Sensor Bias Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1288 Steering Position Sensor Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1291 Open Brake Lamp Circuit During Deceleation EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1292 Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1293 Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
C1294 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Always Active EBCM ABS, TCS, Lighting Sys
C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open EBCM ABS, TCS, Lighting Sys
C1296 Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Circuit EBCM Antilock Brake Sys
*C2100 Left Front TPM Sensor Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
C5 DTC CODES
*C2105 Right Front TPM Sensor Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
*C2110 Right Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
*C2115 Left Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
*C2120 TPM System Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
*C2121 TPM System Programming Malfunction RFA/TPM Tire Pressure Monitoring
P0101 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency PCM Engine Controls
P0103 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency PCM Engine Controls
^P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0112 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
^P0116 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0117 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
#P0120 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch “A” Circuit PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P0125 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Insufficient for Closed Loop Fuel
Control PCM Engine Controls
^P0128 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Below Thermostat Regulating
Temperature PCM Engine Controls
P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0132 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0133 HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0134 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
#P0136 HO2S Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0138 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0140 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0141 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0151 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0152 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0153 HO2S Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0154 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1 PCM Engine Controls
#P0156 HO2S Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0157 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0158 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0160 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
C5 DTC CODES
P0161 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0172 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1 PCM Engine Controls
P0174 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0175 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2 PCM Engine Controls
P0200 Injector Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0218 Transmission Fluid Over temperature PCM Automatic Trans
#P0220 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0230 Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0300 Engine Misfire Detected PCM Engine Controls
#P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned PCM Engine Controls
P0325 Knock Sensor Module Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Less Than Expected Front PCM Engine Controls
P0332 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Less Than Expected Rear PCM Engine Controls
P0335 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0341 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0342 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0343 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0351 Ignition Coil Control #1 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0352 Ignition Coil Control #2 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0353 Ignition Coil Control #3 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0354 Ignition Coil Control #4 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0355 Ignition Coil Control #5 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0356 Ignition Coil Control #6 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0357 Ignition Coil Control #7 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0358 Ignition Coil Control #8 Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System PCM Engine Controls
P0412 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0418 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0420 Catalyst System Low Efficiency PCM Engine Controls
P0430 Catalyst System Low Efficiency PCM Engine Controls
P0440 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System PCM Engine Controls
P0442 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Small Leak Detected PCM Engine Controls
P0443 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0446 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent System Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0452 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0453 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0461 Fuel Level Sensor Performance (See FFS note Below) PCM, IPC Gages, and Console
C5 DTC CODES
Note: The 1997 through 2002 and early built 2003 Corvettes without the FFS system did not have a secondary regulator which
prevents the siphoning of fuel (LH to RH) after the vehicle is turned off.
(All Corvettes with vehicle identification number 35111542 and above are equipped with the FFS fuel system)
P0462 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM, IPC Gages, and Console
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM, IPC Gages, and Console
P0480 Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P0481 Cooling Fan Relay 2 and 3 Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
#P0491 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System PCM Engine Controls
#P0492 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System PCM Engine Controls
#P0496 Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow PCM Engine Controls
P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit PCM Cruise Control
P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Low Input PCM Automatic Trans
P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Intermittent PCM Automatic Trans
P0506 Incorrect Idle Speed PCM Gages, and Console
P0507 Incorrect Idle Speed PCM Engine Controls
P0522 Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0523 Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P0530 Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit PCM HVAC
P0562 PCM System Voltage Low PCM Engine Controls
P0563 PCM System Voltage High PCM Engine Controls
P0567 Cruise Control Resume Switch Circuit PCM Cruise Control
P0568 Cruise Control Set Switch Circuit PCM Cruise Control
P0571 Cruise Control Brake Switch Circuit PCM Cruise Control
P0601 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
P0602 PCM Not Programmed PCM Cruise Control
P0604 PCM RAM Performance PCM Engine Controls
P0606 PCM Internal Communication Interrupted PCM Engine Controls
P0608 Vehicle Speed Output Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P0622 Generator Field/F Terminal Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P0641 Sensor Reference Voltage “A” Circuit/Open PCM Engine Controls
P0645 Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Relay Control Circuit PCM HVAC
P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P0651 Sensor Reference Voltage “B” Circuit/Open PCM Engine Controls
P0654 Engine Speed Output Circuit PCM, IPC HVAC Systems
Automatic
@P0704 Clutch Switch Circuit PCM Engine Controls
*P0705 Trans Range Switch Circuit PCM Automatic Trans
P0706 Trans Range Switch Performance PCM Automatic Trans
P0711 TFT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance PCM Automatic Trans
P0712 Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) Sensor Circuit Low Input PCM Automatic Trans
P0713 Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) Sensor Circuit High Input PCM Automatic Trans
C5 DTC CODES
P0719 Brake Switch Circuit Low Input PCM Engine Controls
P0724 Brake Switch Circuit High Input PCM Cruise Control
P0740 TCC Enable Solenoid Circuit Electrical PCM Cruise Control
P0742 TCC System Stuck On PCM Automatic Trans
P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Electrical PCM Automatic Trans
P0751 1‐2 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance PCM Automatic Trans
^P0752
1‐2 Shift Solenoid (SS) Valve Performance ‐ No Second Or Third
Gear PCM Automatic Trans
P0753 1‐2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical PCM Automatic Trans
P0756 2‐3 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance PCM Automatic Trans
^P0757 2‐3 Shift Solenoid (SS) Valve Performance ‐ No Third Or Fourth Gear PCM Automatic Trans
P0758 2‐3 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical PCM Automatic Trans
P0785 3‐2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical PCM Automatic Trans
P0801 Reverse Inhibit Solenoid Control Circuit PCM Automatic Trans
P0803 Skip Shift Solenoid Control Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P0804 Skip Shift Lamp Control Circuit PCM Manual Transmission
#P0833 Clutch Pedal Switch “B” Circuit PCM Manual Transmission
#P0894 Transmission Component Slipping PCM Automatic Transmission
P1111
Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High
Voltage PCM Manual Transmission
P1112
Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low
Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P1114
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low
Voltage PCM
Manual Transmission,
HVAC
P1115
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High
Voltage PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
@P1120 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
P1125 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) System PCM
Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching PCM Engine Controls
P1134 HO2S Transition Time Ratio PCM Engine Controls
P1153 HO2S Insufficient Switching PCM Engine Controls
P1154 HO2S Transition Time Ratio PCM Engine Controls
@P1220 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 2 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1221 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1‐ 2 Correlation PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
P1258 Engine Coolant Over temperature ‐ Protection Mode Active PCM Engine Controls
@P1275 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1276 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1 Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1280 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 2 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
C5 DTC CODES
Control
@P1281 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 2 Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1285 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 3 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1286 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 3 Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
^P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned PCM Engine Controls
P1380 Misfire Detected ‐ Rough Road Data Not Available PCM Engine Controls
P1381 Misfire Detected ‐ No Communication with Brake Control Module PCM Engine Controls
@P1415 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System PCM Engine Controls
@P1416 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System PCM Engine Controls
P1431 Fuel Level Sensor 2 Performance PCM Engine Controls
P1432 Fuel Level Sensor 2 Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls
P1433 Fuel Level Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls
@P1441 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Flow During Non‐Purge PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1514 Throttle Body Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1515 Control Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
P1516 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position
Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1517 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Performance PCM Engine Controls, Cruise
Control
@P1518 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Serial Data Circuit PCM Engine Controls
P1539 Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Feedback Circuit High Voltage PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P1546 Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Feedback Circuit Low Voltage PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P1571 Torque signal is out of the valid range (See C1277) PCM TCS
P1574 Stoplamp Switch Circuit PCM
Cruise Control, Lighting
Sys
P1575 Extended Travel Brake Switch Circuit PCM Engine Controls
^P1600 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
^P1621 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
P1626 Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Lost PCM Theft Deterrent
^P1627 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
P1630 Theft Deterrent Learn Mode Active PCM Theft Deterrent
P1631 Theft Deterrent Start Enable Signal Not Correct PCM Theft Deterrent
@P1635 5 Volt Reference 1 Circuit PCM Engine Controls, HVAC
P1637 Generator L‐Terminal Circuit PCM Engine Electrical
P1638 Generator F‐Terminal Circuit PCM Engine Controls
@P1639 5 Volt Reference 2 Circuit PCM Engine Electrical
P1652 Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit PCM Engine Controls
C5 DTC CODES
^P1680 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
^P1681 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
^P1683 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
P1689 The delivered torque signal voltage is invalid (See C1276) PCM Antilock Brake Sys
P1810 TFP Valve Position Switch Circuit PCM Automatic Trans
@P1860 TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical Short To Gnd PCM Automatic Trans
P1870 Transmission Component Slipping PCM Automatic Trans
#P2066 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Performance PCM Gages, and Controls
#P2067 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit Low PCM Gages, and Controls
#P2068 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit High PCM Gages, and Controls
#P2101 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance PCM Engine Controls
#P2108 Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance PCM Engine Controls
#P2120 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P2121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Range/Performance PCM Engine Controls
#P2125 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P2126 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Range/Performance PCM Engine Controls
#P2130 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "F" Circuit PCM Engine Controls
#P2131 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "F" Circuit Range
Performance PCM Engine Controls
^P2610 PCM Memory PCM Engine Controls
#P2761 Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit/Open PCM Automatic Transmission
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction All Modules Theft Deterrent, Datalink
Communications
U1001 Lost Communication with XXX All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1016 Normal software function, history status upon ignition cycling All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1064 Normal software function, history status upon ignition cycling All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1088 Loss of Communications with SDM. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254 Lost
Communication with XXX IPC SDM Datalink
Communications
U1096 Normal software function, history status upon ignition cycling
BCM, DDM,
HVAC, PDM,
Radio, RCDLR,
SDM
Datalink
Communications
U1128 Loss of Communications with Radio. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254
Lost Communication with XXX IPC IPC Radio
C5 DTC CODES
U1153 Loss of Communications with HVAC. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254
Lost Communication with XXX IPC IPC HVAC
U1160 Loss of Communications with LDCM. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254
Lost Communication with XXX IPC, Radio LDCM DOORS
U1161 Loss of Communications with RDCM. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254
Lost Communication with XXX IPC, Radio RDCM DOORS
U1254 Lost Communication with XXX All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1166 Loss of Communications with SCM. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254 Lost
Communication with XXX IPC IPC SCM
U1176 Loss of Communications with RFA. Refer to DTC U1001‐U1254 Lost
Communication with XXX IPC IPC RFA
U1255 Lost Communication with XXX All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1300 Low voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit. All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1301 High voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit. All Modules Datalink
Communications
U1305 Low voltage or high voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit All Modules Datalink
Communications
Old 05-30-2017, 08:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Sounds like you need to break out a Digital Multimeter and start checking some of the sensors/wiring to make sure everything did get back together correctly. Those DTCs all have involved diagnostic procedures to help locate the problem. Usually everything boils down to one cause and since you have two different circuits involved that one thing may be a voltage or ground supply to the sensors. If it is not a common hardware problem then it probably is a common worker problem.

Check the attachments for the factory service manual diagnostic procedures.

Bill
Attached Files
Old 05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
zambiniftm
Intermediate

Thanks for your replies guys!

Issue IS resolved:

I was able to swap the outboard wires in the cam position sensor extension harness at the front of the engine where it clips into the small harness coming from the actual cps. Car started immediately with no hesitation and ran great with no codes! Very lucky fix, as i didnt want to have to switch the wires at the rear of the manifold as this would involve removing it again

For future reference-

I bought this car in running order with an 01 Z06 LS6 harness still installed, mated to an LS2. I put in a NEW GM harness specific to my VIN, which caused the codes to be thrown. I'm not sure if the wires in the original harness were switched out BEFORE they mated to the connector for the cps extension harness behind the manifold or not, but this seems to be the only explanation i can think of, since the wires needed to be switched up front.

It's also worthy of note that my knock sensor code went away as well, so i think its safe to say that a bad signal from the cps will cause the car to knock!

Thanks again guys
The following users liked this post:
Rob 02 (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 09:23 PM
zambiniftm
Intermediate

Also for future ref:

I was able to use a SMALL T-pin (i had two sizes, and the larger size would not work!!) to get the wire terminals to disconnect from the connector. I tested my methods on my handy dead harness, in order to figure out how to remove the terminals using something that wouldn't really matter if I botched the job. That said, I DID pretty much ruin the integrity of one clip on the old harness trying to figure out how to safely and properly (as possible without a GM specific tool) remove the terminals from the connector, when using the large T-pin. I encountered a lot of threads instructing users to switch the wires in the cps connector, but nothing really explaining how to do this.

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for explaining as your experience may help others.

Last edited by Rob 02; 05-31-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Just Installed New GM Harness, Throwing P0343, P0342, P0327

Quick Reply: Just Installed New GM Harness, Throwing P0343, P0342, P0327