C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant and heater hoses change out

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:32 AM
02silvet
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolant and heater hoses change out

Have a 00 c5 6 speed convertible with 177600.
My recovery tank is leaking and I'm replacing it along with all the hoses I can find so my question is how many hose are there? I'm building an order on rockauto using mostly dayco products but I need help on all the hoses to purchase. The upper and lower radiator hose is no problem and a couple that run to the water pump seem self explanatory. It's the smaller ones that I'll need help ordering. I see 1 advertised that's short and bent like a V that I don't know if I need.

Any body have the OEM part numbers?

I'll flush it all out and I'm looking for a good thread on doing this. I plan on taking the radiator out so I can clean the AC condenser and the radiator along with the front of motor.
Thanks for the help

Last edited by 02silvet; 07-21-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 07-21-2017, 12:43 PM
HPS MASTER TECH
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

autozone?
Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM
ehillard0
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 02silvet
My recovery tank is leaking and I'm replacing it along with all the hoses I can find so my question is how many hose are there? I'm building an order on rockauto using mostly dayco products but I need help on all the hoses to purchase. The upper and lower radiator hose is no problem and a couple that run to the water pump seem self explanatory. It's the smaller ones that I'll need help ordering. I see 1 advertised that's short and bent like a V that I don't know if I need.

I'll flush it all out and I'm looking for a good thread on doing this. I plan on taking the radiator out so I can clean the AC condenser and the radiator along with the front of motor.
Thanks for the help
I'm not sure which hose looks like a 'V'. Perhaps this is the small hose which runs from the bypass pipe back up to the throttle body? There is a hose which connects to the passenger's side top of the radiator and runs to the throttle body, then a small hose which runs from the other side of the throttle body to the bypass pipe which connect to the block just under the intake manifold. Look to the passenger's side of the throttle body towards the bottom, and you should see this hose. I'm not looking at it at the moment, but I believe this is the correct routing.

Upper radiator hose which comes from the driver's side top of the radiator, to the front of the water pump.

Lower radiator hose which comes from the passenger's bottom side of the radiator, to the thermostat housing (larger passenger side outlet connected to the water pump).

Surge Tank outlet, and Surge Tank inlet hoses which connect to the smaller outlets on the passenger side of the water pump and come from the "T" at the bottom of the surge tank.

Last edited by ehillard0; 07-21-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: New Info
Old 07-22-2017, 07:35 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Thanks for the help
Hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
Route99 (07-23-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 08:57 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I went with the silicone hose set, from Corvette Forum supporting vendor 'CCA'......
Old 07-22-2017, 05:14 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Thanks for the help
Old 07-22-2017, 05:58 PM
02silvet
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The parts exp helped. Not all the hoses parts numbers crossed referenced. I have a total of 8 hoses. I think the small V shaped hose is the bypass that runs off the driver side of the throttle body.
There's 2 that connect to the passenger side of the water pump and they are shaped similarly to the pics on website for parts. 1 runs from the heater core and the other from the recovery tank.
The 2 smaller ones that come from the radiator and recovery tank are labeled that way. The upper and lower radiator hoses are also labeled as such.
There's 1 additional hose coming from the heater core that is nearly straight. It attaches to to backside of the T on the bottom of the recovery tank. It looks similar in size to its partner and this is another I was looking for a part # for.

Any good video or threads on flushing the system out? Like I said before I'll be pulling the radiator out so I can clean the condenser and the front of the motor. I don't know if the coolant has ever been flushed?
Old 07-22-2017, 11:26 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I believe there are 8 hoses for the coolant/heater system. At least that is what my dealer found for me when I asked about it.

Get notified of new replies

To Coolant and heater hoses change out

Quick Reply: Coolant and heater hoses change out