C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Depo Headlight parts available anywhere?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:04 PM
99cpe
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Depo Headlight parts available anywhere?

SO I just bought a 99 C5 with depo lights. Not a big fan but it's a black car with the black depos and it looked OK til I drove at night. They were way out of adjustment. I want to see if any parts are available. LF headlight wouldn't adjust, so I removed the assembly, took it all apart only to find the projectors were held in place with some sort of rubber caulking which had failed and were falling out of the housing. Then, the female plastic adjuster stud was held in place with butyl rubber cement and it was also stripped making the adjuster screw useless. Whether you like the look or not, the build quality is just not there. I managed to get a pretty close adjustment off the car and glued it then re-set the projectors with an industrial adhesive caulking but would like to replace the stripped adjuster and resell them once they're fixed and put that toward a better lighting solution. There are also Halo lights never wired in. I guess they would get wired into the park lights but I don't think I'm going to waste my time

BTW couldn't find any support from the manufacturer either
Old 08-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts

You're not going to find individual parts for these. These are eBay-special headlights. Not sure what you're expecting honestly. This is also why these are cheap and the good flush lights are $1,000+

Your only recourse would be to buy another set, switch back to OEM pop ups, or shell out the big money for the actual good stuff.
The following users liked this post:
99cpe (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 06:14 PM
99cpe
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep I figured as much. I got them adjusted as good as I'm gonna get and wired in the halos. I think they'll pass inspection so I'll keep them for now and look for an upgrade or go back to stock after I tweak the car a bit. I want to get it to breathe better and try a remap/tune first

Get notified of new replies

To Depo Headlight parts available anywhere?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Depo Headlight parts available anywhere?