C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Measuring clutch slip

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 10:38 AM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Measuring clutch slip

From all I've read and heard my clutch is being overpowered but I wanted to see it slipping in the scan. Thought I had some slippage problems a while back because of torque dropoff but that was in the tune and I can't feel any signs of slippage when driving it hard or see and signs of slippage in the scan.

Common sense tells me revs will go up without any increase in speed when the clutch slips so that's easy to measure. The scan below plots RPM, rear and front wheel speed through a 2nd gear pull from a roll. You can see tires break a little at the hit and break loose at the top but it held through the pull which I assure you was well over 600 ft/lbs.

Just wondering if I'm missing something and don't want to throw a clutch in because that's what everyone else does and says but also don't want to blow this thing apart and wipe out the bell housing or damage something other than the clutch

Quick Reply: Measuring clutch slip