C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed ABS module after absfixer fix - Car stalls

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Alexander K
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Installed ABS module after absfixer fix - Car stalls

2003 Z06

I have just installed my abs module after receiving it back from ABS fixer. My traction control and ABS lights have both gone off. The only issue I have is now the car stalls anytime I try to get it moving. Both revers and forward. As I write this im waiting for the car to cool off so I can unplug the module and see if that stops the issue.

I've always had the Service Steering Lock code from over a year ago. I have one of the modules installed under the steering wheel and ive never had an issue with it locking or preventing the car from going more than 3mph. When i first went to start the car I got the pull key and wait 10 sec message. My traction control light was still on. I figured it would be good to unhook the battery and let everything reset. I have not gotten the pull key message and the light hasnt come on. Competitive driving, on/off modes all work. I have also tried using my spare key

I cleared the codes and all I get are PCM0171 and PCM0174. I've had these before and are related to the tune being off a bit. I have a vararam and checked for air leaks. Due to the car immediately stalling almost as if the ignition was turned of I don't believe its tuning. There is no rough idle or rev. I can get the car to move very slowly and it wont stall.

The only thing I can think of is the steering lock turning the car off at anything over 3mph. It just seems odd because the lock has been an issue for over a year. I have the fix where the diode if wired into the ecu so i think it may be time to put that in.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: If i barely nudge the car out of my garage and pull it out of gear as soon as it gains enough speed the car stalls. I definitely thing this is the computer turning off the car at speed. I just remoeved the bypass module under the steering column. Still has same issue. Installing LM module on ecu now.

UPDATE2: LMC5 module fixed it. Just odd that became an issue after all this time.

Last edited by Alexander K; 10-08-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Getting ready to do the EBCM on my 03 z06. Code 1214 has had the lights and messages on the dash driving me crazy looking at them. Ordered brand new in box replacement to fix. Then will send my original to abs fixer to upgrade as a spare.

How was the install? Any tips or tricks?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Alexander K
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

install is straight forward. no tips. its really about finding a good angle on the bolts

Get notified of new replies

To Installed ABS module after absfixer fix - Car stalls

Quick Reply: Installed ABS module after absfixer fix - Car stalls