C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dic buttons, TPMS, Horn issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 08:27 PM
BigMoney1200
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dic buttons, TPMS, Horn issues

I recently bought a 97 corvette and I have a few issues. The DIC buttons don't work. I intermittently get a TPMS alarm and the horn blows continuously. I believe all the issues may be related. Last 2 years the car wasn't driven much and apparently had a drain on battery so previous owner had pulled the horn fuse thinking the horn was the cause of the drain. So I replace the horn fuse and now it blows continuously. I tried switching two relays and still had the same result. Also the key fob does not work. Only thing I have done is replaced the battery. This is my first corvette if you guys have any ideas or suggestions on where I should start first on resolving these issues I would really appreciate it.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:30 AM
gymnast46
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this is an old thread but for me it's a current problem. Just before I put my '99 C5 away for the winter I started getting periodic beeps from the horn while walking near the car. Sometimes the doors would lock but not always. Both key fobs are set to Passive. Over the winter, the trickle charger lost contact with the battery and I had to use a battery charger to get it up and running again. Spring is here so I reprogrammed both remotes and drove the car yesterday. The same problem resurfaced. If I was anywhere near the car it would occasionally beep but not lock the doors. One time the keys were hanging on a hook in the house and the horn beeped by itself.

Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Dic buttons, TPMS, Horn issues