C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Bomar'sC5
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I just installed TSP long tube headers and 3 inch O/R X-pipe on my 2003 corvette but i am having the hardest time trying to find exhaust that will bolt up to the 3inch mid-pipe. Either i am looking in the wrong places or something, i have no idea. i have researched on here but links weren't working so i'm reaching out for your guys opinions. I really wanted to go with the Billy Boat Bullets but every time i call them to try an order from them i get the "we'll get back to you" and they never do . At this point i am almost considering doing bullet mufflers with turn downs after the mid pipe (will that hurt performance?) if i can't find any results . Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank ya'll so much!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 AM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

You may have to get a custom fab one.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:56 AM
mike venth
mike v

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

I would use caution on the turn downs after the mid pipe, read on the forum some time back were it affected the rear leaf spring. To much heat maybe??????
Check with some of your local muffler shops..they can fit just about anything...
mike v
Old 12-06-2017, 12:24 PM
JDMricist_03
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike venth
I would use caution on the turn downs after the mid pipe, read on the forum some time back were it affected the rear leaf spring.
Exactly. Last thing he needs is to turn down for what.
The following users liked this post:
Bomar'sC5 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Bomar'sC5
Heel & Toe

So i called a local shop and they said it would be a full days work (12hrs minimum) at $100/hr plus $5-600 in parts... Soooooo... I called B&B again and finally got someone on the phone and they were really helpful and quoted me $825 shipped for a set that they would "Custom" make for my application allowing me to run my 3inch mid pipe and the B&B Bullets will be able to fit to it ! really excited about that because i had my heart set on the B&B's because i love that sound they produce!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:43 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomar'sC5
So i called a local shop and they said it would be a full days work (12hrs minimum) at $100/hr plus $5-600 in parts... Soooooo... I called B&B again and finally got someone on the phone and they were really helpful and quoted me $825 shipped for a set that they would "Custom" make for my application allowing me to run my 3inch mid pipe and the B&B Bullets will be able to fit to it ! really excited about that because i had my heart set on the B&B's because i love that sound they produce!
Wait, what!!?? That's beyond ridiculous. $100/hour is fine, 12 hours plus to hook up headers to a cat back is laughable. Every city has that special exhaust shop gearheads know about. Find it! Talk to some people, a car club perhaps. I'd say 3 hours, maybe 4 tops (definitely nowhere near 12).
Parts... if it includes new cats that's a bit high but depends on the brand. If that's 2 pieces of 2 1/2" or 3" aluminized steel (or stainless for that matter), then again, ridiculous.

Last edited by grantv; 12-06-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:22 PM
mike venth
mike v

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Wait, what!!?? That's beyond ridiculous. $100/hour is fine, 12 hours plus to hook up headers to a cat back is laughable. Every city has that special exhaust shop gearheads know about. Find it! Talk to some people, a car club perhaps. I'd say 3 hours, maybe 4 tops (definitely nowhere near 12).
Parts... if it includes new cats that's a bit high but depends on the brand. If that's 2 pieces of 2 1/2" or 3" aluminized steel (or stainless for that matter), then again, ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Bomar'sC5
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by grantv
The shop is very reputable for their quality, just too expensive for my blood which is why i chose to figure it out on my own with the help of Mike Boat from Billy Boat exhaust. He was very helpful and offered fair pricing for what I wanted done so i am very thankful for that. Also i will be installing a new cam and valve train here soon along with CAI and i will be doing the work myself also since everyone nearby charges an arm and a leg for work lol. I will be purchasing the HP Tuners Pro as well and try learning the tuning side of things as well. I know old school engines like the back of my hand, but want to learn the LS world which is why i got this car and i look forward to tackling the challenges that lay ahead in installing said parts!

Get notified of new replies

To Help

Quick Reply: Help