C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 LSA- HELLCAT HUMILIATION BUILD Under 20k

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:01 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 LSA- HELLCAT HUMILIATION BUILD Under 20k

Hey guys I could really use your help on my C5-ly6/LSA build. My original goal as crazy as it sounds is to destroy my bosses Hell Cat!!

Engine 2012 ly6 gasket matched l92 porting, managed by C5 ecu, stage2 pd cam, 1 7/8 lth, all necessary harness adapters and reluctor conversion, 2013 ZL1 lsa setup pnp'd w/ Olsen Kustom Works 2.4 pulley (allows c5 belt setup to operate blower), ls7 hperf lifters, gt500 intercooler, 1.7gal expansion ice tank w/ 3/4" plumbing.

Notice what is missing? That's right, fuel delivery!!
I'll be running 93oct and I'm thinking 100lb@58psi injesctors, a KenneBelle BAP and I don't know what else. Can you guys please give what you'd do in this situation, brand injectors, pumps, bap, Hobbs switch, JUST WHATEVER YOU THINK IS MY BEST BET AND NOT TRYING TO BREAK THE BANK, with all new pumps! Targetý is stomping his hellcat with 650 to 750hp! Please give what you think the hp/trq will be and most importantly please help with fuel system!!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:44 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Don't have any advice on engine parts, but make sure you get the best tires you can. Power means nothing without the traction to put it to the ground.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:00 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

lots of ways to do a fuel system, the most common and proven are multiple pumps in the tank or one in the tank and one external... I don't like boost a pumps personally, they are just one more piece in the chain to fail... whether you decide to do in tank pumps or an external you will want to run the secondary pump(s) off a hobbs switch that way they are only running when you need them... if you have too large of a pump or multiple pumps running when they don't need to be (like just driving around town or cruising on the highway) you risk overheating the fuel which will cause pressure drop and pump cavitation, you don't want that... you should also consider using a boost referenced regulator, basically that will raise your fuel pressure 1 pound for every pound of boost that it sees... fuel is very important on a boosted engine and I would not skimp out on any parts or try to be cheap about it... it's also not a bad thing to overbuild the system, it's always better to have more fuel available than you need than not enough
Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by neutron82
lots of ways to do a fuel system, the most common and proven are multiple pumps in the tank or one in the tank and one external... I don't like boost a pumps personally, they are just one more piece in the chain to fail... whether you decide to do in tank pumps or an external you will want to run the secondary pump(s) off a hobbs switch that way they are only running when you need them... if you have too large of a pump or multiple pumps running when they don't need to be (like just driving around town or cruising on the highway) you risk overheating the fuel which will cause pressure drop and pump cavitation, you don't want that... you should also consider using a boost referenced regulator, basically that will raise your fuel pressure 1 pound for every pound of boost that it sees... fuel is very important on a boosted engine and I would not skimp out on any parts or try to be cheap about it... it's also not a bad thing to overbuild the system, it's always better to have more fuel available than you need than not enough
Your awesome ty so much for your help and direction! I just do my personal stuff and would never pay someone to do what ALL of us are capable of! This people who make this all possible is all of you responders (1, you, lol) thanks bro!!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by neutron82
Your awesome ty so much for your help and direction! I just do my personal stuff and would never pay someone to do what ALL of us are capable of! This people who make this all possible is all of you responders (1, you, lol) thanks bro!!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:04 PM
808_c5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just curious... is your boss' Hellcat modified? You definitely have the weight advantage over that boat... may not need as much hp as you think... but who doesn't want a 750hp vette?
i think you have at least 1000-1200 lbs in weight savings and a weight to power ratio calculation will give you a target of what you may need powerwise, at least a baseline goal.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 808_c5
Just curious... is your boss' Hellcat modified? You definitely have the weight advantage over that boat... may not need as much hp as you think... but who doesn't want a 750hp vette?
i think you have at least 1000-1200 lbs in weight savings and a weight to power ratio calculation will give you a target of what you may need powerwise, at least a baseline goal.
No it had no mods, but his gt500 is another story at 1100hp... I see big procharger in my future lol!! I bought this car for 9k, might have 7k into my build so it's a big deal for me to smash his 70k hellcat into the ground for less than 16k and it's not a dodge!!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Knight
No it had no mods, but his gt500 is another story at 1100hp... I see big procharger in my future lol!! I bought this car for 9k, might have 7k into my build so it's a big deal for me to smash his 70k hellcat into the ground for less than 16k and it's not a dodge!!
So a PD blower or a cetri? Those are 2 different setups with 2 different requirements.

As for having paid 9k for your car and 7k in mods to "smash his 70k hellcat into the ground" your C5 will still only be worth 9k at best and his still 70k soooo; also, thats a stupid way to look at things when a $1000 civic and a $1500 ebay turbo setup could smash you easily
Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
So a PD blower or a cetri? Those are 2 different setups with 2 different requirements.

As for having paid 9k for your car and 7k in mods to "smash his 70k hellcat into the ground" your C5 will still only be worth 9k at best and his still 70k soooo; also, thats a stupid way to look at things when a $1000 civic and a $1500 ebay turbo setup could smash you easily
Your must not got what you was looking for last night, must be that you couldn't read her like you couldn't read the post!! Not worried about a civic, not worried about my cars value to someone else, it's worth every penny to me! And for her sake, I hope your bedroom game is slower than your quickness to run your mouth! Don't get salty about this either, your 2 cent comments made the purchase! Have a nice day😉

Last edited by Joshua Knight; 02-16-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Knight
Your must not got what you was looking for last night, must be that you couldn't read her like you couldn't read the post!! Not worried about a civic, not worried about my cars value to someone else, it's worth every penny to me! And for her sake, I hope your bedroom game is slower than your quickness to run your mouth! Don't get salty about this either, your 2 cent comments made the purchase! Have a nice day😉
You may want to try listening junior and comprehending what you wrote yourself. Value clearly is a motivator to you since YOU referenced it with a 70k hellcat to your 9k C5.
Idiot kids today...
Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
You may want to try listening junior and comprehending what you wrote yourself. Value clearly is a motivator to you since YOU referenced it with a 70k hellcat to your 9k C5.
Idiot kids today...
lol
Old 02-19-2018, 09:53 AM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

pics

Get notified of new replies

To C5 LSA- HELLCAT HUMILIATION BUILD Under 20k

Quick Reply: C5 LSA- HELLCAT HUMILIATION BUILD Under 20k