C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle in Heavy Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Scarlett-73
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts

Default High Idle in Heavy Traffic

Here's one for you! I am repeatedly having this issue happen and need some advice. First a little background, had a cam professionally installed with the usual accoutrements and had the car re-tuned. The car runs great especially when its warmed up. But when I hit heavy or bumper to bumper traffic, and have to feather the clutch a lot, the idle will ramp up to 2k RPM and stay there for at lease 20 seconds, every time I push in the clutch. Eventually it comes back to normal when I'm free of traffic, but this is really dangerous. The condition seems to be effected by the weather, Warm or Cold and if I put the A/C on or not. Does anyone have any ideas? The Tuner is willing to do another tune but they're a 4 hour ride away and I'd rather not risk that ride again.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2018, 04:06 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Possible it's the IAT
Old 05-08-2018, 04:55 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Is it more when you are rolling (not stopped) and have the clutch in that the rpms hang? Mine was doing this and would come back down after I came to a stop.. I had to go into HP Tuners and change the "Rolling Idle Enable Speed" to 256mph.. fixed my issue.
The following users liked this post:
Scarlett-73 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 06:39 AM
Scarlett-73
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts

Anyone else with a suggestion?

Get notified of new replies

To High Idle in Heavy Traffic

Quick Reply: High Idle in Heavy Traffic