C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, 98 bcm issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:12 PM
white_dmax
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, 98 bcm issue

I have been trying to get my dads car to work.. this hole thing started last fall.. car had no power.. put key in, no crank and no start.. i messed with it a wile and figured out if i disconnected the battery and reconnected it you could start the car.. so i spent some time looking at different posts and doing as much searching as i can.. found a post where a guy was talking about the car going to sleep and if you pulled fused 25 in the foot well, that woke up the bcm and the car would start.. so i bought a used bcm with the same service number as the one in the car.. i installed it and did the relearn process.. but it seems as if the car wont relearn now.. i did use a tech2 and put in the rpo codes.. i am guessing the data on the used bcm isnt allowing the relearn.. is there a way to erase the data on the bcm i just i stalled??? Any input would be a big help..
Old 05-16-2018, 04:06 PM
white_dmax
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump

Quick Reply: Help, 98 bcm issue