TPMS problem - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS problem

Old 05-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Richard562

Default TPMS problem

My TPMS shows readings for only 2 tires, the LF and RR. The other two are blank. I tried the training process but could only get the horn sound on the first wheel. Got nothing on the RF tire. Anything else I can try? I have a 2002 coupe. Thanks
Old 05-16-2018, 12:14 PM
bobs77vet
CF Senior Member

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod

Originally Posted by Richard562 View Post
My TPMS shows readings for only 2 tires, the LF and RR. The other two are blank. I tried the training process but could only get the horn sound on the first wheel. Got nothing on the RF tire. Anything else I can try? I have a 2002 coupe. Thanks
sure swap tires around just for the test process and see what happens....my guess is the internal TPMS sensor in the wheel is bad/old not working....i bet you dont even have to physically move the tires.

if the same wheel always reads even in a different virtual position you know its the internal tire sensors that are defective.

you have been driving the car correct? the tires need to spin to make the TPMS wake up in the tire.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobs77vet For This Useful Post:
Richard562 (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 12:48 PM
8VETTE7
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,574 Posts

Except that you can pull the codes and see if the other sensors are transmitting or not. TPMS Codes will be under B0 - RFA and you will likely see C2105 and C2115 for the two that show blank in the DIC display.

Batteries in the TPMS are usually good for 8 to 10 years before the TPMS need to be replaced. Likely the TPMS in your car are still original. Some last longer some less.....

When you look for replacements get the Schrader or Delco brand. Aftermarket TPMS may be sold less expensively but the only 2 that use the magnet for training are Schrader or Delco. The others all require some other method (often a proprietary tool) to force them to transmit for training. Plenty of horror stories on the Forum about members unable to program their aftermarket TPMS to the C5.
The Following User Says Thank You to 8VETTE7 For This Useful Post:
Richard562 (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 01:17 PM
bobs77vet
CF Senior Member

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 View Post

Except that you can pull the codes and see if the other sensors are transmitting or not. TPMS Codes will be under B0 - RFA and you will likely see C2105 and C2115 for the two that show blank in the DIC display.

i always learn something from your posts, thanks bob
Old 05-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Ceedub53
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bobs77vet View Post
i always learn something from your posts, thanks bob
He is a wealth of knowledge, unselfish to help and assist others. A real asset to this forum (as are many others).
Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 PM
vettenuts
CF Senior Member

I installed Schrader from Rockauto last year in my 02. Yours are likely dead batteries. Did my Malibu with same this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to vettenuts For This Useful Post:
Richard562 (05-16-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS problem

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: