C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of questions regarding parts needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 12:34 AM
thatguy662
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Lots of questions regarding parts needed

Alright guys, I am slowly getting in all of my parts to complete my clutch replacement in my ‘03 z06 along with some other goodies. My main concerns are with all seals and gaskets listed below. But here is some additional info and questions. I need to be sure I have everything right before I drive 4hrs to a friends shop to do the work. It has to be completed in a weekend when I go there. I’d like to repair or replace all necessary components that you can only do when all of this stuff is dropped in order to eliminate potentially having to pay this labor again in the near future.

Clutch: Replacing with Mcelod RXT with tick speedbleeder, new slave, throwout, pilot bearing, slave shims if needed

Shifter: has a Hinson short throw in it now. Should I sell this and buy the MGW with lower box or buy the lower modified box that a forum member sells on here?

Torque tube: Replacing driveshaft with DSS carbon fiber driveshaft with couplers integrated. Also new bearings from RPM transmissions.

Transmission: I figured out the car already has a built transmission from Tranzilla (rockland standard gears) with T56 case and TR6060 components - carbon rings, 2.97 gear ratio. Also appears that it has the ECS trans/diff brace (silver). Car has 50k miles on it now and built date on that was 2011. So likely installed around 20-30k miles. Previous owner didn’t know. Appears diff is still stock c5 one. Says Getrag with 3.42.

Other items and I need to be sure that I have it ALL and ALL correct:

GM rear main seal and cover (actual full piece with gaskets) 12639250
GM oil pan gasket 12612350
GM gasket maker 1052943
GM output shaft oil seal (two) 19259473
GM rear diff carrier cover seal (I ordered two but I think I may have messed up here. Do I need one of that and one of part 89047954?)
Timken 7412s manual transmission input shaft seals AND Timken 9613s transmission rear seals (honestly no idea what they even are I just saw them on Summit under gaskets and seals and ordered 2 of each...will return if not needed)
Hinson 3/8” lower motor mounts (fast102 issues) with heat shield
Hinson transmission mount
TPS trans tunnel plate 1/4” with heat shield

Tools?? Read something about needing large snap ring pliers for torque tube and something about a special tool for the rear main seal/cover.

I know this was long but thanks for any help I just want to be sure I have everything lined up for this install since my buddy is using his weekend to help me at his shop. Thanks!

Last edited by thatguy662; 02-01-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Lots of questions regarding parts needed