C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMC5 in a 2003 Z06 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:42 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Default LMC5 in a 2003 Z06 question

I think I caused a Service Column Lock message, and I realized after it happened that I had done the same thing with my '99 coupe, but it cleared itself on the next crank up.
I pulled into my driveway and turned the engine off but didn't turn the key far enough to pull it out, then turned the key back to the right to crank back up to pull a little further forward. As soon as it started I got the message, I'm not getting the fuel shut off or the pull key wait 10 seconds. I've cranked it up and driven 3 or 4 times now but still getting "Service Column Lock" that I can get off the DIC by pressing Reset. No other symptoms or messages. I didn't do the brown wire mod when I installed it a couple years ago.
Is there a way to manually clear the message, or will it eventually clear itself?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:44 AM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Didn't even cross my mind to check the battery since I hadn't seen the message before my odd shut off and restart the other day. Sure enough 12.06 is all it's putting out.

Quick Reply: LMC5 in a 2003 Z06 question