Speed-Engineering header and X-pipe full install - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page >

Speed-Engineering header and X-pipe full install

Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed-Engineering header and X-pipe full install

Old 09-24-2018, 09:43 AM
  #1  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Speed-Engineering header and X-pipe full install

Hey guys I think this is my first post but this tech section has been a huge help for me the last few months and I wanted to give back. I wasnít able to find any good write ups or videos outlining everything involved in installing this Speed Engineering header and x-pipe so I decided to do it all in video to help others out that may be thinking about doing it. I plan to do more installation videos in the future as well. Hope this helps and thank you to everyone here thatís done writeups in the sticky!

Last edited by Liltroy; 09-24-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Wrong link
Liltroy is offline  
Old 09-24-2018, 02:44 PM
  #2  
Robrote
CF Senior Member
 
Robrote's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Newark Delaware
Posts: 463
Thanked 90 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I just installed mine about a month ago. Zero issues with header fitment. I did have the Xpipe welded up. So far, 100% satisfied. My only con is the gas fumes with the catless. I'll check out your video tonight when I'm out of work,.
Robrote is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Robrote For This Useful Post:
Liltroy (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 05:55 PM
  #3  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Robrote View Post
I just installed mine about a month ago. Zero issues with header fitment. I did have the Xpipe welded up. So far, 100% satisfied. My only con is the gas fumes with the catless. I'll check out your video tonight when I'm out of work,.
Yea brother those were probably the best fitting and easiest to install headers I've done in 20 years! I had read all kinds of stuff about having to jack the engine up and drop the starter and unbolt the steering shaft but none of it was true.
Liltroy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Liltroy For This Useful Post:
Mr. Black (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:36 PM
  #4  
Robrote
CF Senior Member
 
Robrote's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Newark Delaware
Posts: 463
Thanked 90 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Liltroy View Post
Yea brother those were probably the best fitting and easiest to install headers I've done in 20 years! I had read all kinds of stuff about having to jack the engine up and drop the starter and unbolt the steering shaft but none of it was true.
Just watched your vid. Good stuff. I had exactly the same experience. You got a new sub
Robrote is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Robrote For This Useful Post:
Liltroy (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:38 PM
  #5  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Robrote View Post
Just watched your vid. Good stuff. I had exactly the same experience. You got a new sub
Thanks brother. I appreciate that. Hopefully it helps some people out.
Liltroy is offline  
Old 09-24-2018, 08:37 PM
  #6  
redzg
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 750
Thanked 93 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Funnest YouTube video in a while! Great! Will head over to YouTube for the thumbs up.
With some reports of flawless fit, and others of less than perfect fit, I wonder if there is a case of differing build quality, or development of better jigs over time.

Last edited by redzg; 09-24-2018 at 08:55 PM.
redzg is offline  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 PM
  #7  
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 150
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Hey Troy........

Absolutely love your channel and have been a subscriber for a while now. (Mrblack947 on youtubes)

Sometimes I may do things a little differently. I don't care though it doesn't matter. I love watching a channel where a dude just gets it done and overcomes any adversity. You have a great easy going spirit. Keep it up and keep cranking out some more videos.
Mr. Black is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Black For This Useful Post:
Liltroy (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 11:50 PM
  #8  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 8,308
Thanked 719 Times in 647 Posts
Default

"holy sh*t it sounds like a f*ckin' race car!"
neutron82 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to neutron82 For This Useful Post:
Liltroy (09-25-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 01:27 AM
  #9  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Hey Troy........

Absolutely love your channel and have been a subscriber for a while now. (Mrblack947 on youtubes)

Sometimes I may do things a little differently. I don't care though it doesn't matter. I love watching a channel where a dude just gets it done and overcomes any adversity. You have a great easy going spirit. Keep it up and keep cranking out some more videos.
Thanks brother!
Liltroy is offline  
Old 09-25-2018, 01:28 AM
  #10  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by neutron82 View Post
"holy sh*t it sounds like a f*ckin' race car!"
LOL...yea it was waaaay louder than the turbo C10 I built.
Liltroy is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 03:11 PM
  #11  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by redzg View Post
Funnest YouTube video in a while! Great! Will head over to YouTube for the thumbs up.
With some reports of flawless fit, and others of less than perfect fit, I wonder if there is a case of differing build quality, or development of better jigs over time.
Iím wondering the same. Iím also wondering if there are slight diffferences in the C5s from year to year that effect fitment. I know my drivers side header collector actually aims slightly upward and it causes the whole Xpipe to sit slightly crooked under the car. I actually mention that in the second video. Also someone commented on the video today that he was unable to just slide either side in without removing the steering shaft and that the collector in his passenger side was actually hitting inside the trans tunnel. So that makes me think that there may be jig issues OR there are slight differences in these cars from year to year or from manual to automatic that effects fitment. BUT it could be installation error as well. I can personally attest to trying for hours to install a part in the past and yelling and screaming that it doesnít fit and then have a friend come over and twist it a certain way and it just bolts right on. I know it sounds rediculous but it does happen.....even to people that work on cars for a living. Lol
Liltroy is offline  
Old 09-27-2018, 06:35 PM
  #12  
Route99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Route99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 4,143
Thanked 378 Times in 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-Ď18
Default

Helpful video.
I have headers on but still like to watch other styles being installed.
I've already been watching your youtube ('54 Chev) channel and did not realize that was you.
Enjoy your work!
Route99 is offline  
Old 09-28-2018, 12:20 PM
  #13  
Liltroy
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Liltroy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Route99 View Post
Helpful video.
I have headers on but still like to watch other styles being installed.
I've already been watching your youtube ('54 Chev) channel and did not realize that was you.
Enjoy your work!
thanks for watching brother. Iím just trying to have fun and help others out at the same time.
Liltroy is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: