C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM
TUF-NUF
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: kent ct - "if i'm not in the vette, i damn well better be on the yacht."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default headlight issue

Recently, I've developed an issue with the headlights popping up as the car is started. (the switch is "off") Sometimes they'll go down before I'm out of the driveway, other times they'll stay up for any time up to about 20 minutes. They always go back down eventually, sometimes with additional ignition cycles. The headlight switch works normally after this, But has no effect when they first pop up. They retract when the ignition is turned off. any thoughts? thanks, Dave
Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Do you have Twilight Sentinel? If it is turned ON it could explain what you are seeing. This feature bypasses the Multifunction headlight switch and turns the headlights on if the sensor detects low light conditions. Let us know.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM
TUF-NUF
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: kent ct - "if i'm not in the vette, i damn well better be on the yacht."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

dadaroo; thanks! that was it... I knew I had that option, just never used it and don't remember setting it to the "on" position. Maybe seven years with the same car makes one forget the simple fixes... Dave
Old 09-03-2013, 07:18 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You are most welcome. My statement was not completely correct. It does not actually bypass the Multifunction switch. It just does not require it to be actuated manually (sort of like a bypass). The headlight door opening IS completely bypassed around the Multifunction switch.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:40 AM
bp308
Intermediate

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions on why the driver side headlight on my 91 Corvette will not open completely when lights are turned on?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:23 AM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by bp308
Any suggestions on why the driver side headlight on my 91 Corvette will not open completely when lights are turned on?
Check in the C4 Tech Section --------------------------------------------------------->

Get notified of new replies

To headlight issue

Quick Reply: headlight issue