C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Education: RPS Street Twin vs. BC2

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Spaggs
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Education: RPS Street Twin vs. BC2

I've been searching for a clutch for my 03 Z and you guys here on the forum have really been helpful in steering me in the right direction. In researching vendor websites like Turbo Clutch, Carolina Clutch, LG Motorsports and Mont Motorsports I've discovered there are discrepancies in describing the RPS Street Twin. Even Turbo Clutch seems to have it partially inaccurate. According to Tim at Carolina Clutch, the only difference between the ST and BC2 is the cover, which weighs four (4) pounds lighter. That's what you get for the additional $400.00, a lighter cover. Tim said the description on Turbo Clutch's website, which states that the ST uses a marcel spring is wrong. There is no longer a marcel spring in the ST. On websites for Carolina Clutch, LG Motorsports and Mont Motorsports it describes the ST as having organic material on certain surfaces. This was true with the ST Light, but no more. According to Tim, there is no longer any organic material on any surface in any RPS clutch.
Hope this helps anyone trying to figure out which RPS is best for your application. I've decided on the Street Twin for my needs because at 36 pounds, I think it will be a better street clutch. I'll give an update after I have done a HPDE this coming March.
Thanks for letting me bore you.
Spaggs

Quick Reply: Education: RPS Street Twin vs. BC2