C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat memory function

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:32 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Seat memory function

So for a while now the memory function for my seats has lost its mind. I can get in, close the door and put the key in the ignition and the seat goes all the way back (I'm short so that's not right). When I go to manually move the seat forward, it will go a bit and stop. Then I have to let off the switch and push again, then it will inch up. I do this 4-5 times and it finally gets the hint that I might want to actually reach the pedals. Sometimes when I shut the car off, the seat will actually move forward.

Where is the module that controls this? Is there some kind of reset? Do I just need to replace an entire module? Going to need to do the driver side window regulator. Please tell me the module is inside the door.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Seat module is under the seat. My memory was flipping out - doing all sorts of weird stuff. The steering wheel telescoping control wouldn't work at times - it would move as if I were a gnome (seat all the way in, wheel all the way out.) Tried the blue connectors at the side of the seat - no result.

Pulled the driver seat and saw that the dealer (previous owner took it to dealer) had done a seat cover repair and mis-routed the harness under the seat which resulted in a pulled wire from the module - Way to go Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet in Charlotte - another in a long list of fails.

Reconnected the wire, properly routed the harness - problem gone.

Anyway - that's where the module is.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 01-21-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:09 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Cool. Thanks. I'm guessing it has to be the module as no work has been done on the seats before it started acting all wonky.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat memory function

Quick Reply: Seat memory function