C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6z brakes & c6 wheel fitment on C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:50 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts
Default C6z brakes & c6 wheel fitment on C5

The plan is to add c6z brakes all around. Anyone know if its possible for any factory or reproduction "c6 rim" to clear this on the c5 without spacers?

Dont care how ugly the rims looks.

I do not want to buy any aftermarkets rims such as ccw etc. It will be a thought after i finish the build but at this moment not worth it and would be the very last thing i would spend money on.

Or what c7 style rims will clear this?

Last edited by My Vette Life; 03-19-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:07 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Anyone?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:04 AM
jglassmaker
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

I just converted my C5 to a set of C6 Z06 brakes, however aftermarket Momo wheels... just a note though - them brakes are BIG!
I would say the biggest concern is the inner part - with "big brake" compatible aftermarket wheels with a max offset (as far out while keeping flush with fenders) my front was about 1mm from clearing.

From my understanding most C6 style wheels with max offset will clear the C6 Z06 brakes. If you have a company to buy from in mind - try giving them a call... they might know exactly what works and what doesn't already.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:15 PM
JHrinsin
Drifting

Received 388 Likes on 316 Posts

The C5 Z06 18x10.5" rear rims fit over the C6 Z06 front brakes. Lots of folks use them on the front.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:48 PM
gimp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 281 Posts

The C6Z brakes should bolt up.

18" wheels may or may not clear the front brakes depending on their shape. There are C6Z reproductions that will clear the brakes, yes. I had the Ace Slick wheels which are more or less reproductions - however, I highly recommend you do not spend a dime with any Ace Alloys wheel; the company makes wheels that break for seemingly no reason and doesn't do squat about it. C6Z wheels should clear, but they're likely to poke or rub, you should check the offsets.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:56 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gimp
The C6Z brakes should bolt up.

18" wheels may or may not clear the front brakes depending on their shape. There are C6Z reproductions that will clear the brakes, yes. I had the Ace Slick wheels which are more or less reproductions - however, I highly recommend you do not spend a dime with any Ace Alloys wheel; the company makes wheels that break for seemingly no reason and doesn't do squat about it. C6Z wheels should clear, but they're likely to poke or rub, you should check the offsets.
Im fine with oem wheels. Very last thing i would do is buy rims that im happy with.

I will buy used oems if anyone know which one will clear the fronts .

Get notified of new replies

To C6z brakes & c6 wheel fitment on C5

Quick Reply: C6z brakes & c6 wheel fitment on C5