C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs and tcs problems with list of codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 PM
Joseph Morris
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs and tcs problems with list of codes

C1241 magnasteer
C1242 bpmvpump motor ground open
C1261 lf inlet valve
C1262 lf outlet
C1263 rf inlet
C1264 rf outlet
C1266 lr outlet
C1268 rr outlet
C1271 lf Tcs isolation master cylinder
C1272 lf tcs valve malfunctiom
C1273 RF TCS Master Cylinder Isolation Valve Malfunction
C1255 internal fault only sometimes this codes pops up.
C1274 RF TCS Valve Solenoid Malfunction
C1214 sometimes also

For awhile it was intermittent and would usually just have the magnasteer code but that wouldn't even throw the lights on but then it just got worse now it won't reset at all.i checked the grounds and looked over the wiring. I had just had the trans and engine out. But I was careful and made sure ot to mess anything up. That I know of. I did pinch the bundle of wires going to the back of the car by the trans but i checked them to make sure i didn't mess then up and they were fine. Any got any clues.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

I would clear the codes and go for a drive and see what comes back. But if you had the motor out of the car recently it could be multiple different things going on.

Last edited by STRMLNE; 06-11-2019 at 11:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rex99Coupe (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Joseph Morris
Cruising

I've cleared codes for weeks. I talked to absfixer and he said he believes its something with the ebcm since the codes seem to be all internal except for the magnasteer. So I'm sending it to them. I'll keep this updated. Ps I only drove the car couple times before I took everything out so the problem could of been there and just showed up those couple times. I bought the car with a bad oil leak. So I just parked it and drove it maybe twice once to where I worked on it. And I've driven longer without it showing up. It's just until recently that it won't clear it shows those codes instantly just sitting idling right after clearing them
Old 06-12-2019, 01:04 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

Absfixer just did my ebcm but I only had 1214.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Good luck with that.

What year C5??????????????????

They are very limited on things that they can do to that module. There is ONE small circuit board inside the module that has serviceable electrical parts on it. Sometimes that board has cold solder joints that can be repaired.

You would be good to make sure that you have all the power and grounds to the module. Actually MEASURE the voltage at the fuses and the ground from the plug to the chassis.

If its a microprocessor issue; Stick a fork in it, it's DONE!

Bill
Old 06-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Joseph Morris
Cruising

It's a 2002 abs fixer said they will test it and see what all they find wrong with it. I've checked all ground and power wires. But I haven't had my volt meter with me lately I let someone borrow it. For 150 bucks I'll just see what they say. If they can't fix it I'm sure i won't be charged a full 150. And if there isnt anything wrong with it I'll go over the car completely. And check every wire and power everywhere. If all else fails I'll pipe in an adjustable proportional valve where the abs module sits. I'm under the impression the newer c5 had no proportional valve and the ebcm did it with the abs module.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:13 AM
Joseph Morris
Cruising

Abs fixer said it's not fixable and has logic faults so basically cpu failure I guess. Either way he had a refurbished one so I got that and I will tell y'all if it fixes my problem. He said he doesn't think anything from my car would of caused it. He did say however be careful with Junp starting and battery tenders etc.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:11 PM
Joseph Morris
Cruising

Okay so I got my refurbished one in yesterday and I installed it today and no codes. And now my variable steering is working again. And no codes so far only one drive but it was staying on constantly when I took it out. So hopefully it stays this way. I'll update it after a couple days of driving to say if it stays fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To Abs and tcs problems with list of codes

Quick Reply: Abs and tcs problems with list of codes