C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Carbon Splitter, SR-1 Spoiler and Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 PM
Spaggs
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Default C7 Carbon Splitter, SR-1 Spoiler and Side Skirts

I tried this on the Autocross/Road Racing forum and I got a lot of opinions on how this stuff "shouldn't work" on the track, but no one with actual experience. I would like to know from someone who tracks their car and uses any or all of the following: C7 Carbon Splitter, ZR-1 Rear Spoiler and Side Skirts. Question: 1) does it hold up under speed like north of 140? Question: 2) does it adversely affect water/oil temps? Question: 3) does it help minutely in keeping the car planted? I got an email from C7 Carbon telling me that their Splitter is designed not to increase engine temps on the track, but didn't say anything about testing. Side note: I know how to build a track car. What I'm trying to build is a Street/Track car that I can pull all the track stuff off when it's time to sell and not have to fill a bunch of holes.

Thanks ahead of time.

Spaggs
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 AM
charger21
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I think you will find the answers you WANT to hear in this section because people in this section track their car less here as opposed to the racing section. You got some great feedback over in the racing section from people with a ton of track time and development of the C5/C6 platform, yet you say no one over there had actual experience. Sounds like you really want the C7 carbon products, so just buy them. Its your car. Just do not get upset when people that actually know how aero works tells you it will not function without proper mounting. The C7 products are nice looking pieces and will look nice on your car, but......
Old 06-11-2019, 02:48 PM
Spaggs
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by charger21
I think you will find the answers you WANT to hear in this section because people in this section track their car less here as opposed to the racing section. You got some great feedback over in the racing section from people with a ton of track time and development of the C5/C6 platform, yet you say no one over there had actual experience. Sounds like you really want the C7 carbon products, so just buy them. Its your car. Just do not get upset when people that actually know how aero works tells you it will not function without proper mounting. The C7 products are nice looking pieces and will look nice on your car, but......
OK. That does it. Now I'm pissed. Look, all I want is someone with experience with these products to tell me THEIR EXPERIENCE. If you don't have EXPERIENCE with these products, DON'T TELL ME YOUR OPINION ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH!!!!! Sorry for the rant, but I have been there, done that. I know what it takes to build a winning car. I have won 2 SCCA Championships, along with an Autocross Championship, been an HPDE Instructor since 1992 and a Professional Instructor. I've raced cars in one form or another since 1978. I don't have an opinion on C7 products because I NEVER USED THEM!!!!!

I'm done.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM
charger21
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Thanks for letting us all know your "stats" of your racing career. Very impressive! I apparently was not any help to you, and I am sorry I pissed you off. Best of luck with whatever you decide on your car.

Last edited by charger21; 06-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Carbon Splitter, SR-1 Spoiler and Side Skirts

Quick Reply: C7 Carbon Splitter, SR-1 Spoiler and Side Skirts