C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Coupe Window issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:45 AM
dskinsler83
Drifting

Received 322 Likes on 223 Posts
Default 2000 Coupe Window issue

Ok so I have a passenger side window that just refuses to stop leaking. I have apparently adjusted the full amount of tip in and I have also replaced all the weather stripping as well to help. So far no luck, any other remedies I can do? Could it be how the glass is set in the lifts or something else? I would greatly appreciate some input and maybe some links?
Old 11-14-2019, 06:47 PM
Grandpa1
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 154 Posts

I probably should not say anything on this subject because I own a 2003 vert and not a coupe. Having said that, I will tell you that I had the same problem when I changed out a window regulator on my Corvette.
I could not stop the wind noise or leakage and even took it to the local Chevy dealer body shop to see if they could adjust it out.
No luck.
I kept looking at it and finally went to Harbor freight and bought a 4" suction cup and loosened the two bolts holding the glass in, closed the door and using the suction cup on the glass I moved the window to where it seated correctly. Then I opened the door and tightened the bolts and put the panel back on.
No more wind noise or leaks for quite a while now.
Just a thought for you to think about.
Good luck!

Last edited by Grandpa1; 11-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Coupe Window issue