C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Wires Under Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:15 AM
Jon1230
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Broken Wires Under Car

So I am chasing down some possible ground issues for my O2 sensors, so I was under the car checking the engine ground strap. I noticed toward the front of the car a cut red and black wire from a farness attached to the power steering fluid lines, right in front of the swaybar. Does anyone know what these originally went to? I don't have any glaring issues that you might expect with cut wires. Only issues I have right now are O2 sensor heater issues on all four and a rough running engine at idle.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:54 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,686 Posts

If you have all 4 O2 heater circuit issues I would check fuse 15 in the underhood fuse box...it sends power to the heater circuits !!
Old 10-28-2020, 09:48 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

The broken wire harness looks like the steering rack gear box wire/plug (under left left side of steering gear box) as sitting in the driver seat. you may have to remove the left front tire to inspect and repair the harness in the area of the steering gear box.
Cheers...
Goose

Last edited by 69; 10-28-2020 at 09:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bill Curlee (10-28-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 10:23 PM
Jon1230
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
If you have all 4 O2 heater circuit issues I would check fuse 15 in the underhood fuse box...it sends power to the heater circuits !!
Already got that resolved in another thread thanks to your helpful posts.

Originally Posted by 69
The broken wire harness looks like the steering rack gear box wire/plug (under left left side of steering gear box) as sitting in the driver seat. you may have to remove the left front tire to inspect and repair the harness in the area of the steering gear box.
Cheers...
Goose
If it was related to the power steering, wouldn't that cause an issue with it or throw a code. Works fine as far as I can tell. It seems like the wires originally lead to around the driver side headlight area, but I know everything is good in there as I completely put the headlight back together when I bought the car and it all works.

Get notified of new replies

To Broken Wires Under Car

Quick Reply: Broken Wires Under Car