C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference?

I've decided on a set of Eradispeeds instead of the GM Performance rotors. Twice the price, but they look so much better plus it says they weigh significantly less than stock. Anyone know how much less they weigh?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:51 PM
howardl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference? (QuickSilver97)

Not much .5lbs less fronts, and plus rears are a couple lbs more! :eek:
Old 12-11-2002, 03:55 PM
BostonVette
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Re: Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference? (QuickSilver97)

If you go with the +1 setup (Larger rear rotors) you will find that the total setup weighs MORE than stock. Just about 17 lbs more.

Even though the rotors have aluminum hats, the higher weight is due to the larger rear rotor diameter, the beefier rotor castings and the adapter bracket and hardware to relocate the rear calipers.

Don't know the difference with just the "pluses". I wouldn't expect much weight savings though, the Eradispeed castings have heavier walls.

Hope it helps.

Tom
Old 12-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference? (BostonVette)

Thanks guys. I wonder if the Eradispeed plus 1's will fit on my wheels. They're BBS LM's in Z06 sizes, 17's in the front and 18's rear. Anyone know?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:22 PM
2KVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had bought stock oem rotors off someone from the forum, total weight for all 4 was 66lbs. Hope that helps.

:cheers:
Old 12-11-2002, 07:28 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

I just weighed them last week, the front eradispeed +'s are 8 ounces MORE each then my stock rotors. The regular eradispeed one piece rears were 7 ounces heavier. Yes the hats are aluminum but the disc itself is much meatier then stock. They look good though..

Get notified of new replies

To Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference?

Quick Reply: Eradispeed rotors vs stock rotors: weight difference?