C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto NT 555 Tires-Best Bang For The Buck?

Old 01-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Vet72man
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nitto NT 555 Tires-Best Bang For The Buck? (BluGem)

I just ordered a set of Kumhos from the Tire Rack and they were $208 each for the 265/35/18's and 295/35/18's for the back. There going on 18 X 9.5's up front and 18 X 10.5's in the rear. My bill for the tires is $890 delivered. I will take them to a local tire shop to get them mounted. Should have the tires on the car by Thursday. I've read for weeks on the Forum about all the different tires out there but from the reviews and surveys for the money, the Kumho's are my choise. :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 08-02-2015, 03:02 PM
km60sb@yahoo.com
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by benelliwang
I have tried both Nitto and Kuhmo tires. There is no comparison, the Kuhmo tires own the crappy Nittos. That's right, I called Nitto crappy
Here is my review of the two tires: http://benelliwang.badassride.com/Suspension/index.html
Oh yeah, I have some spelling errors and typo on the review. You don't have to email me and let me know. Engrish comprehension ownz me
Thanks, I'm going on my 5th set 3 stock GY RF 1 set of Michelin bottom run flat. I could not wait for the Michelins to wear out. Drove it to California. MUUSHLON is what I nicknamed them.
Your honesty is valuable I was considering these cheaper tires for cost thinking reviews are general and mostly positive. I went to Le Mans FL an warned every Vet owner I spoke to about losing any memory of a sports car handling with this MUUSHLON.
What is as good stock GY RF handling and quick response tire you consider a handles like walking tire. My fear is another Corvette 500SL tire.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:15 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by km60sb@yahoo.com
Thanks, I'm going on my 5th set 3 stock GY RF 1 set of Michelin bottom run flat. I could not wait for the Michelins to wear out. Drove it to California. MUUSHLON is what I nicknamed them.
Your honesty is valuable I was considering these cheaper tires for cost thinking reviews are general and mostly positive. I went to Le Mans FL an warned every Vet owner I spoke to about losing any memory of a sports car handling with this MUUSHLON.
What is as good stock GY RF handling and quick response tire you consider a handles like walking tire. My fear is another Corvette 500SL tire.
Did not understand what you were trying to say on an ancient thread. I am running (like many other owners) Michelin Pilots - best tires I have ever had on my C5, and I have tried a few.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitto NT 555 Tires-Best Bang For The Buck?