C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Toyride
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dead Battery? (Dave68)

78P7YR AC DELCO Glassmat Battery. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2003, 02:37 PM
EvilBunny
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dead Battery? (Toyride)

I know it's been awhile, but I wanted to add a final update to this thread. Took awile to deal with because my schedule has been nuts.

The battery was DEAD. I couldn't rechage it by any means. I was told by the GM folks that I had to get the car out of the garage and down to the road to get it towed to the dealrship. Problem - my driveway is a pretty steep hill. I took the battery to the dealership, and they told me I had to get the car to them as well, because they connect both to some tester to find out what happened. That was the only way I could get a warranty replacement. Catch-22. I can risk damage pushing it out of the garage and down a hill with no assist to brakes or steering, and then watch the tow guy drag it onto a flatbead, tow it to the dealer, watch them roll it off and push it into the bay. All of this over a 114 dollar battery!

:mad
So, I just bought a new battery. Got the AC-Delco specified above. Put it in, reprogrammed the keyless system, and I'm good to go. (Also have a charger on order).

:cheers:
Thanks for the inputs, good to know I wasn't the only one to have this happen.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery?