C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge

Old 04-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Aheash
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge

So my 2003 A4 has... almost 2000 miles on it. I'd like to eventually do a little modding. You know, Blackwing, Stingers, that sort of thing.

(a) Do air bridges really make any difference? Not sure about that.

(b) The Stingers: how do they sound in the car? Resonance? Loud? And where did you get them / where's the best price / service?

Thanks, and sorry for any newbish questions.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:13 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Default Re: Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge (Polaris)

Air bridges make a negligible difference except for appearance. I haven't heard the stingers, but from reading here it seems they are very similar to the XR1 which I have. Honestly - they sound great, but are very loud at times. More so in cold weather, when they seem to resonate throughout the entire car. :banghead: The Stingers are supposed to be better in that respect.

Don't know about the best price - but forum vendors like LAPD, Xtreme, and Exit 28 all offer great service. :seeya
Old 04-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

I just went thru the exhausting experience :lol: of deciding which exhaust system to get :eek: ... the best recommendation for just starting out is to do a search and look thru previous posts.

There have been lots-o-post on the subject and they'll probably answer most of your questions. :yesnod:

Then if you have specific questions you know where to come. :cheers:

As for where to buy, check out the forum vendors. They will do you right. :thumbs:

For what it is worth, I went with Magnaflows from LAPD. Just ordered them yesterday. :cool:
Old 04-18-2003, 06:45 PM
edmaverik
Burning Brakes

Polaris,

Here is my personal reply to your inquiry.

1. The airbridge is complete an aesthetic modifcation. I don't have an airbridge because the stock one flows fine for my need.
2. Borla Stinger as per Borla ads state will provide 9-12 HP on a vehicle. Exhaust is a personal preference, I'd suggest going to a local vette get together where you can here the different kinds of exhausts on other's C5s. I have a set of Stingers installed and I love them because my A4 accelerates so smoothly and it is not restricted as I felt the stock exhaust was.

I hope this helps. If you have any q's drop me a message.

Good luck,
Eddie
Old 04-19-2003, 04:59 AM
MagRed2002
Instructor

Default Re: Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge (edmaverik)

Here's my $0.02:

I have a modified (Halltech Carbon Fiber) air bridge that looks great but I have no confidence that accounted for any increase in performance.

I noticed that in Mallet's catalog they have underhood photos of both their 415 and 475 HP packages that utilize the OEM bridge.

I installed Corsa exhaust (and x-pipe) with the same limited expectations, but got 10 RWHP, which I considered a bonus because the general consensus is that cat-backs are for sound and appearance only.

If you are truly concerned with interior resonance, I think the consensus around here is that Corsa's are by far the best. All of the others will sound different, and perhaps better in some peoples's opinion, but they generally resonate in the mid RPM range. You will get a multitude of input on this topic and can do a search if you like.

Get notified of new replies

To Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borla XR Stingers; Air bridge