C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:46 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Default I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports

I'm going to tub my car (just got the stuff to do it) and the next day I happened to notice the display of tires at Costco so I figured I'd see what they want for some Michelin pilot sport 335-30-18 tires. Now I already figured that I would be buying them from the Tire Rack simply because of this website and what Troy has done for us but I wanted to see what Costco was getting for them.
First I asked the lady about Mickey Thompson tires for my truck and she gave me a blank stare like who the heck is Mickey Thompson, so I just said how about Michelin pilot sports, she said ya we have Michelin, then she hit a few keys on the computer and said 393.99 I said how many tires do I get for that :lol: she said 1 :lolg: :rofl: :lolg: .
Tire rack has them on sale for $165.00 a piece, I sure hope Troy doesn't see this thread :leaving:
Old 08-06-2003, 11:11 PM
SlumpinC5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports (runamuk)

:lol

Thats nothing man i was at the Chevy dealership asked them about the Goodyear F1 Supercars. They told me $500 a tire.. I said huh? I told him I just talked to America's tire and they told me $1100 for all 4 installed. He couldnt believe me.. haha I made sure of the correct size and all.. Something isent right about that.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports (runamuk)

It pays to shop around, I did when purchasing my FLP headers and just got a great deal from one of our vendors just by asking if they could beat someone's elses price. Never hurts to ask.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports

Quick Reply: I just got an outrageous quote on Michelin pilot sports