C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? Transgo HD2 Shift Kit in C5 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 02:21 PM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Default ? Transgo HD2 Shift Kit in C5 4L60E

I'd like to install the Transgo HD2 kit in my car. After crawling under the car, I can see that it's not possible to access the 2-4 Servo without dropping the trans some. Is it possible to drop the cradle and transmission enough to access the servo without actually taking the trans out of the car?

If that's not possible, will the kit still improve longevity if the 2-4 Servo parts aren't installed until the whole trans needs upgraded?
Old 10-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

I'd say yes you can lower it alot, and don't skip it. You'll need to remove the tunnel plate, which likely means removing some exhaust, then 4 cradle nuts.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Vetteforplay
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They are a nice kit and do make a big difference. That kit also comes with springs to redo the spring cages in the
Forward drum but everything would still work fine without it. When it talks about adding the shims in the survo it says to put 2 in and see how the output safty spins. The ones that I've done will only work with 1 shim but that is also on a fresh rebuild.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:51 AM
Liltroy
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just in case anyone needs this again in the future, heres a full install video on a C5. And yes you can remove the
servo without dropping the transmission. You just have to remove it a piece at a time instead of as a unit.

Get notified of new replies

To ? Transgo HD2 Shift Kit in C5 4L60E

Quick Reply: ? Transgo HD2 Shift Kit in C5 4L60E