C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock

C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit

Seat foam and padding rebuild kit for the C5 Corvette - $39.95

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/and-...it-p-3737.html

It is no secret that the seats of the C5 have a reputation for being less than satisfactory in the area of comfort and support.

The kit includes:
-Enough matierial to complete 1 seat
-Upholstery grade high density foam.
-Tough, wear-resistant ballistic nylon fabric.
-New, high quality, wire cover Jute Pad
-Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.
-.25" thick high-density pad
-Detail step-by-step photo instructions.

Over the last year or so, a solid repair process has been developed and we want to share it with everyone. We wanted to see how it worked out in my car for a year and can say I feel its 100% better than OEM. There are two problems: The side bolsters from the factory do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it sits on the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. I found this extremely uncomfortable after only 15 minutes.

This seat rebuild kit comes with all of the seat foam insert pieces necessary to provide the extra support needed to give your Corvette seats a more luxurious feel. If you want to improve the comfort of your Corvette without replacing the stock seats, this simple and affordable kit is a fantastic means by which you can do this. Easily installable at home, this kit provides the extra, high-density, strong and comfortable foam needed to give your Corvette seats extra support and cushion to help make your Corvette interior more luxurious and enjoyable. A great way to improve comfort and drivability quickly and affordably.

This kit corrects a flaw in the original seat design that leads to premature failure of the center and bolsters.

Working slowly, it takes about 1-2 hours. The detailed instructions with photos will take you through step by step. No special skill or tools required although you will need to purchase separately a can of spray glue for upholstery foam.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
HP Racing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting to receive my seat foam rebuild kit ?? John Peterson ! Manteca California !
I would like to purchase floor mats - Black W/ chevy or corvette standard Logos please let me know $ JP
Old 06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

Default seat rebuild kit

I purchased a kit from you and just finished installing it. I cannot believe that my seat was that bad. The seat is much firmer and sets me up where it did when new. My passenger seat has not had much use and it sat so much better than the drivers seat is why I purchased your kit. Now the drivers seat sits better than the passengers seat. thanks for producing such a easy fix for worn down seats.

If your seat is letting you down this is a quick and easy fix for it and I highly recommend getting a kit from Southern Car Parts

thanks Vincent
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by zachaeous
I purchased a kit from you and just finished installing it. I cannot believe that my seat was that bad. The seat is much firmer and sets me up where it did when new. My passenger seat has not had much use and it sat so much better than the drivers seat is why I purchased your kit. Now the drivers seat sits better than the passengers seat. thanks for producing such a easy fix for worn down seats.

If your seat is letting you down this is a quick and easy fix for it and I highly recommend getting a kit from Southern Car Parts

thanks Vincent
Old 09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
foggy
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

is there a difference whether you have sport seats or not??
I do have sport seats, so does this kit work for me????
Old 09-22-2014, 10:58 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

Default sports seats

Originally Posted by foggy
is there a difference whether you have sport seats or not??
I do have sport seats, so does this kit work for me????
I used the kit in my 2001 coupe with sports seats. worked perfectly and made the seat much firmer. Super fast shipping, super directions and great seller to work with.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by zachaeous
I used the kit in my 2001 coupe with sports seats. worked perfectly and made the seat much firmer. Super fast shipping, super directions and great seller to work with.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:42 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 PM
GabeNation
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, is it possible to get the instructions ahead of time to see if its something i would be willing to do?
-Gabe
Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by GabeNation
Hi, is it possible to get the instructions ahead of time to see if its something i would be willing to do?
-Gabe
I don't have a digital format, just a hard copy.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit

Seat foam and padding rebuild kit for the C5 Corvette - $39.95

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/and-...it-p-3737.html

It is no secret that the seats of the C5 have a reputation for being less than satisfactory in the area of comfort and support.

The kit includes:
-Enough matierial to complete 1 seat
-Upholstery grade high density foam.
-Tough, wear-resistant ballistic nylon fabric.
-New, high quality, wire cover Jute Pad
-Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.
-.25" thick high-density pad
-Detail step-by-step photo instructions.

Over the last year or so, a solid repair process has been developed and we want to share it with everyone. We wanted to see how it worked out in my car for a year and can say I feel its 100% better than OEM. There are two problems: The side bolsters from the factory do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it sits on the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. I found this extremely uncomfortable after only 15 minutes.

This seat rebuild kit comes with all of the seat foam insert pieces necessary to provide the extra support needed to give your Corvette seats a more luxurious feel. If you want to improve the comfort of your Corvette without replacing the stock seats, this simple and affordable kit is a fantastic means by which you can do this. Easily installable at home, this kit provides the extra, high-density, strong and comfortable foam needed to give your Corvette seats extra support and cushion to help make your Corvette interior more luxurious and enjoyable. A great way to improve comfort and drivability quickly and affordably.

This kit corrects a flaw in the original seat design that leads to premature failure of the center and bolsters.

Working slowly, it takes about 1-2 hours. The detailed instructions with photos will take you through step by step. No special skill or tools required although you will need to purchase separately a can of spray glue for upholstery foam.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:39 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours today!!

Get notified of new replies

To New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock

Quick Reply: New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock