Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid America Perforated Floor Tiles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
TomG3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mid America Perforated Floor Tiles?

I originally posted this on the "Off Topic" board, but it was not getting much in the way of response so I thought I'd try here as well since this would be going in the C5's garage redo.

Mid America Corvette is having a sale on their floor tiles http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.64.5233
The price is right but has anyone used this product or one like it? Do the perforations make it difficult to keep clean?
Any insight into this product would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Ta-taaa
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look nice.. But what holds them in place???
Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 PM
TheWolverine
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You saw my floor on your other garage post. I like Mid-America stuff, and I have been to funfest and walked on those tiles. If you have a perfectly flat garage floor and don't mind the "feel" of walking/parking on plastic pegboard, go for it. But I would suggest you buy the best quality products, even if it takes longer to complete the project.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 PM
TomG3
Racer

Supposedly they interlock like Race Deck. These are made by the same company that makes the Sport Court products.
My concern with the perforations is that dirt, fluids or whatever will get trapped in the perforations or worse, collect underneath the flooring. Hence my inquiry hoping to find someone with experience with this product.
I like the look too, I just don't want to make $1000.00 mistake.

Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 PM
TomG3
Racer

Originally Posted by TheWolverine
You saw my floor on your other garage post. I like Mid-America stuff, and I have been to funfest and walked on those tiles. If you have a perfectly flat garage floor and don't mind the "feel" of walking/parking on plastic pegboard, go for it. But I would suggest you buy the best quality products, even if it takes longer to complete the project.
I did see your other post, and thanks it gave me some new ideas. Did you use Race Deck or the Mid America product. My floor is pretty level although not smooth, it has trowel swirls (best description I can come up with). I have heard you can put down roofing felt to quiet the plastic noise.

I have actually ordered a sample from Mid America so I can see first hand the quality of the product.

Thanks for your input.
Tom
Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
TheWolverine
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Race Deck! I Googled garage floor, tiles: covering: mates etc. I spend 3 days looking up all kinds of floor tiles, plactic, vinyl, brick pavers, on the web and in stores (my wife works at Lowe's), part of the reason I went to Funfest was to see those tiles. After all of that I picked the Race Deck, and lucky me when I called they were running a sale on the black and white tiles!

The Mid-America tiles will collect dirt, and lay flat on the floor.

Race Deck can be swept, or easily blown clean, and allow water to pass under them because they do not lay on the floor they sit on little pegs, molded into there design.

I hope the information on Race Deck helps, in your decision making process. Good Luck and post pics when your done!

Last edited by TheWolverine; 11-10-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:37 AM
vpunteney
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This does seem like a heck of a good deal on tile. I have not seen this brand laid down, however, it seems to be a great price. I laid the industrial tile I purchased from Lowes in my garage. It's a pain in the ars to keep clean and I have to rent a buffer every year and re-wax it.
With that said, I paid about $400 to do a 20'X20'. This would cost me about $800 to $1000 and not near as much work to keep up. If I could choose again, I would have picked this product.

My floor looks great, however it's a pain to keep it that way.
Vinnie

Get notified of new replies

To Mid America Perforated Floor Tiles?

Quick Reply: Mid America Perforated Floor Tiles?