Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Bigstik
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadDogZ06
Okay, I actually read these whole thread and I have to say I'm convinced to give these tires a try. Swapping out the F1's this week. We'll see how they stand up to the HP. Spirited launch from a stoplight in this beast is a bit too tough right now. I actually got smoked 0-60 the other day by a F250 crew cab diesel 4x4. On one hand, I never hooked up. But I have to say, that SOB was smoking ALL FOUR tires half way to 60 and he must have been pushing 800 to 1,000 HP. Still... I've never been so embarrassed. Time for new tires and these sound like the ones. :o

MadDog
Just remember that those diesels get like 6-700 ft-lb at only about 1500-2000 rpms. Thats a lot of low end power, but with better tires you should get him next time.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by zQuick28
you will smoke him the next time you see him.. LOL
these hook up pretty darn good on the street.. hell they do as well at the track also..
Would you guys say these tires will hook up in a straight line as good or better than Nitto Drags? I would think not but who knows!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
MadDogZ06
Instructor

Default Smoked by a Diesel

Originally Posted by zQuick28
you will smoke him the next time you see him.. LOL
these hook up pretty darn good on the street.. hell they do as well at the track also..
Originally Posted by Bigstik
Just remember that those diesels get like 6-700 ft-lb at only about 1500-2000 rpms. Thats a lot of low end power, but with better tires you should get him next time.
How embarrassing to be looking for a rematch with a crew cab F250 4x4

The worst part was that he still had me by 2 car lengths at 60. They'll be talking about that at their local diesel truck club for the next 10 years. I guess for the sake of all of us, I have to get some of these tires and hunt him down. .

I'll order them this week.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM
MadDogZ06
Instructor

Default "Trazano" same as Vredestein Sessanta's???

Anyone familiar with Trazono tires? I searched all the forums and found nothing. Someone just mentioned in a PM to me that these were the same tires as the Vredestein Sessanta. I looked online and could not find any parent company or business relationship whatsoever to Vredestein. However, look at the picture of the tread. It certainly looks like they are from the same mould as the Vredestrein Sessanta.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True

The prices are good, but it appears they don't have Vette sizes, at least on this site.

MadDog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
ackman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone familiar with Trazono tires? I searched all the forums and found nothing. Someone just mentioned in a PM to me that these were the same tires as the Vredestein Sessanta. I looked online and could not find any parent company or business relationship whatsoever to Vredestein. However, look at the picture of the tread. It certainly looks like they are from the same mould as the Vredestrein Sessanta.

The prices are good, but it appears they don't have Vette sizes, at least on this site.

MadDog
Thanks for posting this Rich in reguards to my PM to you...

I ordered the 265-30-19's from them(discountedwheelwarehouse) for my 19/20 combo I just bought. Sorry I didn't see they are not showing any Z06 size on the site. I am sure if you call them they will have them or can get them. The sales man just called me actually today since I placed my order online to tell me they are shipping out Vredestein's instead of Trazano's like the site says. He wanted to be sure I would be OK with that. I said "OK, no problem" and that was it... SMOKIN' DEAL!

I got my 19/20 combo tires for under $750 shipped!!!

The rears I got from a price mistake on this website 295-25-20's Vredestein Sessanta's for $180 each!!! Mine shipped already so I will post it now for others to jump on...

http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...-20#prodAnchor

I have seen from other forums good reviews of that site too in reguards to CS and such. I think it was on LS1tech or maybe camaroz28

John

Last edited by ackman; 03-03-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

MadDog
Wow, that is weird. That is most DEFINITELY a Vredestein Sessanta. You can see both the "Ultrac" and the "Sessanta" as well as the vredestein logo itself on the sidewall on that picture in the link.

It almost seems like Trozano might just be the company that sells the tire, or perhaps a second-hand distributor or something. I'd be curious to find out if there is more to the story.

Also remember that the Vreds don't come in Vette sizes in the first place (well, partly... on a Z06). they don't have 265/40-17's yet. So you can get stock Z06 rear sizes but for fronts you'll end up with 275's. I have that setup and it's amazing!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

That's strange MadDogZ06. Sure does look like the same tire, tread pattern anyway...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
ackman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alaskanpilot
Wow, that is weird. That is most DEFINITELY a Vredestein Sessanta. You can see both the "Ultrac" and the "Sessanta" as well as the vredestein logo itself on the sidewall on that picture in the link.

It almost seems like Trozano might just be the company that sells the tire, or perhaps a second-hand distributor or something. I'd be curious to find out if there is more to the story.

Also remember that the Vreds don't come in Vette sizes in the first place (well, partly... on a Z06). they don't have 265/40-17's yet. So you can get stock Z06 rear sizes but for fronts you'll end up with 275's. I have that setup and it's amazing!
Tell me about it. I was surfing around one saturday and stumbled onto these. I called them and asked them about them. The salesman said that trazano and Vredestein are somehow related. He said they sell them as Trazano V-types, and that the v-types are the Vredestein Sessanta...

The call today from the saleman just double checking my web order that I would be OK with Vredestein's confirmed that....

Here is a pic from the site:

Last edited by ackman; 03-03-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

trazano and Vredestein are somehow related.
Red haired stepchild perhaps?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
aris
Racer

i think thats just a mistake on the part of the website. if you search for trazano tires elsewhere you can see that they are actually different tires.

did nobody think to double check that?

they certainly don't show up on the companies website.

http://www.trazano.com/
Old 03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
The Six
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Handling???

Of course, it seems that these tires are getting great reviews. There has not been too much said about how they handle the turns or for road-racing. Who has some thoughts or experience on this.

Also, has anyone considered the weight of these tires? That is one thing I liked so much about the PS2 is that they were much lighter than the F1 Supercars. 6 lbs lighter on each side of the rear and if I remember correctly, 3 or 4 lbs lighter on each front side.

Thoughts???
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

did nobody think to double check that?
Yes, I did. Looks like they only have 3 different style tires. I did see the Trazano V-type (as pictured above) at a couple other tire vendors too though.

Last edited by Quick Silver Z; 03-06-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Hooker
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there have been several references to this tire's 'stickiness' in corners. I've pushed them hard on both dry and wet pavement and have been mightily impressed - especially on wet. But today, in cool and dry conditions, I had to accelerate hard (launch, if you will) out of a drive while turning right, with much quickly approaching traffic from the rear. The rears broke loose just enough to smoothly slide me into my chosen lane as I happily continued to apply power instead of backing off while turning into the drift. Everything was in such perfect sync that I couldn't even tell when they hooked up. But the acceleration was jarring and I hope the controlled slide looked as awesome to the following crowd as it felt in the driver's seat. This is why I drive a Z06 .... and, after a couple thousand road miles, the VS tires continue to impress and give me the confidence to drive like I never would with the F1's.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
yyukon
Racer

Well you guys have been talking these up a aw full lot. So I ordered a set of 265/35-18 and 295/30-19 today. Sure hope they are quieter and stick better than the stock Goodyears.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:55 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have had mine to the track (Road Atl and VIR) and have been impressed with how they do. Do the do as good as the PS2s, no, but for the money, and as much as I track, it is works for me until I get more skill. The thing I like about them, is they are very predictable when pushed really hard. I haven't had a chance to drive them in the rain or at the dragstrip but for dd and occasional track use, they are a good value
Old 03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by waddisme
I have had mine to the track (Road Atl and VIR) and have been impressed with how they do. Do the do as good as the PS2s, no, but for the money, and as much as I track, it is works for me until I get more skill. The thing I like about them, is they are very predictable when pushed really hard. I haven't had a chance to drive them in the rain or at the dragstrip but for dd and occasional track use, they are a good value
definitely predictable tire. Cornering and accelerating through corners is so much nicer
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
The Six
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How much do they weigh???

Anyone know this yet? Unsprung weight is a key.

Get notified of new replies

To Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:56 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Old 03-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

With all the information I find tire weight is not included. From what I can see I saved 10 total pounds on tire weight with the Toyo T1r over the GY F1 SC.

I cant find much on the German magazine in which the Vred's took 1st place either. I guess contacting the horse mouth for their tyre weights would be one option.

http://www.vredestein.com/Contact_Co...erSessionID=73

"Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) January 27, 2008 - MotorWeb.com, a leader in online aftermarket performance auto parts and accessories, has picked up the Vredestein Tire line for distribution in the United States. The German sports car magazine Powercar crowned the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta the winner of a test involving eight high-performance summer tires. According to Powercar the Ultrac Sessanta blew away the competition with its high performance results under both wet and dry testing. The Vredestein tire was also the most affordably priced of the high-end tires tested. MotorWeb.com now carries the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta in all sizes along with the lines from most popular worldwide tire brands."

http://www.tyretrade.ie/07tt-news/tyn326.html

http://www.italdesign.it/dinamic/pre...estein_eng.pdf
Old 03-07-2008, 08:59 PM
roSSco
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The big brown truck dropped mine off today. I can't wait to drive it with the new tires.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?