Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Need some clarification on the CLB

Old 10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
BoilerUp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some clarification on the CLB

After checking around the forums and reading some old threads such as the CLB FAQ, I'm a little confused about the whole CLB and recall issues.

I have an 04 Z that I just bought last week and the as per the FAQ, i pulled the panel from below the steering wheel and see if the recall was done. I saw that the ECL had the white, purple, green, and black on one side and the orange, purple, green, and black wires on the other side which according to the FAQ, the recall was done.

What confuses me is all the talk I've heard about the CLB getting out of sync with the BCM and causing the fuel cutoff at 2mph. How can I avoid this problem if I install a CLB on my car?

Also, I see alot of posts from searching talking about the "service column lock" coming on after the CLB is installed and even though the car is drivable, you have to reset it everytime you start the car. How can that be avoided?

If anyone can clarify this for me, it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUp
What confuses me is all the talk I've heard about the CLB getting out of sync with the BCM and causing the fuel cutoff at 2mph. How can I avoid this problem if I install a CLB on my car?
This can only be fixed by having a tuner go in and increase your fuel cutoff to 255mph which is the limit. Then you won't get stranded.
Originally Posted by BoilerUp
Also, I see alot of posts from searching talking about the "service column lock" coming on after the CLB is installed and even though the car is drivable, you have to reset it everytime you start the car. How can that be avoided?

If anyone can clarify this for me, it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!
They shouldn't ever get out of sync. If the do you can pull two fuses and reset it so you don't have the message all the time. The good part is you won't get stranded by the fuel cutoff.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
BoilerUp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of any tuners in the central Virginia area (I'm about an hour west of Richmond) that could change the fuel cutoff speed?

Last edited by BoilerUp; 10-16-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need some clarification on the CLB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Need some clarification on the CLB