Sponsored by:

[Z06] Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 PM
EHSZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire

So I was driving down the road today and the car began to drive like crap. The car started shaking really bad and the check engine like started flashing. I pulled up the P0300 random misfire code and was able to take it to Advanced Auto Parts. He hooked up the OBDII into the engine and pulled up P1153 and Air Fuel metering. I think the P1153 is a misfire on cylinder 6 but what do you guys think could be causing this. I am thinking it may be the injector or the MAF sensor, but i'm not sure. If anybody knows whats going on please let me know.

Thanks

Elliot
Old 10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
1slo6
Pro

Have u had any work done to the car recently??? Dont think it is the MAF or injector.... Start with the basics. A good doctor doesnt just open your chest up becuase u have a pain.... Check to make sure a wire didnt fall off or a spark plug fouled out.. I hope u didnt down shift at a really high rpm and bend a push rod.... It could also be a broken rocker or valve spring.... Now that I have told u, Good Luck....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
EHSZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1slo6
Have u had any work done to the car recently??? Dont think it is the MAF or injector.... Start with the basics. A good doctor doesnt just open your chest up becuase u have a pain.... Check to make sure a wire didnt fall off or a spark plug fouled out.. I hope u didnt down shift at a really high rpm and bend a push rod.... It could also be a broken rocker or valve spring.... Now that I have told u, Good Luck....
The only work i have had done recently was a tune but I don't think that would cause it. I have also replaced wires and plugs just recently due to a burnt out wire in another cylinder. I checked all of the connections and everything seems to be ok. I was not down shifting at high rmp's either. Do you really think it could be something as serious as a broken rocker or valve spring?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
1slo6
Pro

well if the msfire is isolated to one dead cylinder, or cylinder not friring correctly than we have an issue... what u can try is either switching a coil pack to c if the coil is bad... or remove the valve cover and check to c if something is broken... dont panic yet it is all part of diagnositc
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 PM
EHSZ06
Instructor

well if the msfire is isolated to one dead cylinder, or cylinder not friring correctly than we have an issue... what u can try is either switching a coil pack to c if the coil is bad... or remove the valve cover and check to c if something is broken... dont panic yet it is all part of diagnositc
That is what I was thinking as well. However, after reading a few posts on different forums people who got this code claim that there 02 sensors were the culprit and the only way to fix that is to delete them through a tune. The weirdest part about this whole thing is the car will drive normal and then out of no where it will begin bogging bad startiing throwing that code..I guess i'll get in touch with my tuner on Monday and see what he has to say.
thank you for your continued advace and let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:23 AM
1slo6
Pro

Well if it was serious problem..... the car would not run normal some of the time... might be something with your tune.... Good luck, let us know what it came out to be...
Old 10-25-2008, 04:44 AM
ZEEEEOOOOSIC
Drifting

Sounds like it could be a broken spring get a compression test done
Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

I had this happen a week after I did new plugs and wires. I found that I had failed to tighten the plug in number 3 properly and it had backed out. I tightened it back up and things were fine.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM
EHSZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by z06inVB
I had this happen a week after I did new plugs and wires. I found that I had failed to tighten the plug in number 3 properly and it had backed out. I tightened it back up and things were fine.
Yeah I think I am going to go through today and check all connections to make sure everything is nice and tight

Get notified of new replies

To Misfire

Quick Reply: [Z06] Misfire