Sponsored by:

[Z06] License Plate Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default License Plate Removal

new C5 owner here..I have new license plates i need to install..and im a bit embarrassed to have to ask this but..how do i remove the rear license plate bracket / holder. I removed 4 screws and thought it would lift out / pop off at that point..but it wont and i don't want to force it. what am i missing ?

While Im at it, how about the front. The previous owner didn't have plates installed in the front, but i need them here. So whats the process for removing the front cover plate thing for license plate install ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:19 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Front plate is easy. Get down low and you'll see the otherwise difficult to see fasteners holding the cover in place.

As to the back plate, look at the framework that surrounds the plate. You should be able to see where the clips are around the perimeter. Carefully release them with a flat blade screw driver and they'll come free.

For future reference, this type of question is typically a C5 Tech question. If you go to C5 Tech and use search or search this forum (in the red banner), use keywords "license plate removal" or similar. You'll come up with the past threads/replies about the same issue. Everything that has ever been asked on CF can be found in the archives by this manner.

Read more here...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...rchid=16497257

Last edited by hotwheels57; 05-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks man !
(linky no worky tho)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by C5ZEE06
thanks man !
(linky no worky tho)
I was afraid of that not working. Apparently, with the forum software the link changes with each new thread/reply using those keywords.

If you use those keywords I suggested in the manner I suggested, you'll find the same (updated) past threads.

Get notified of new replies

To License Plate Removal

Quick Reply: [Z06] License Plate Removal