Sponsored by:

[Z06] Dead Battery HID lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:35 PM
KrazyKarl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dead Battery HID lights

I just recently installed 8000K HIDs in my 2002 Z06. The site i bought the lights from did not mention that i needed the resistor for the lights to retract so after installing them i tried to close them and they wouldnt close. I tried some different things to get them to close and finally i put the stock low beam bulbs in the orignal high beam spot ( as i would not be using them anyway due to the HIDs being brighter). Went to crank my car this morning and the battery is dead! The only thing i can think is the orignal high beam bulbs relay to the low beams to stop pulling power and when i took them out they obviously weren't there to do so.... Any thoughts????
Old 08-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyKarl
I just recently installed 8000K HIDs in my 2002 Z06. The site i bought the lights from did not mention that i needed the resistor for the lights to retract so after installing them i tried to close them and they wouldnt close. I tried some different things to get them to close and finally i put the stock low beam bulbs in the orignal high beam spot ( as i would not be using them anyway due to the HIDs being brighter). Went to crank my car this morning and the battery is dead! The only thing i can think is the orignal high beam bulbs relay to the low beams to stop pulling power and when i took them out they obviously weren't there to do so.... Any thoughts????
Hmmm I'm not sure, but I will sell you my old resistor if you need one. 20 shipped? PM me if interested
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 PM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't know but that sux. The ones I bought simply plugged into the stock headlight plugs and that was it. I didn't need a resistor.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
MightyDuc
Pro

Originally Posted by ptindall
I don't know but that sux. The ones I bought simply plugged into the stock headlight plugs and that was it. I didn't need a resistor.
+1

wish i could help, but i'm stumped on that one...
Old 08-21-2010, 03:13 PM
silver_z06
Racer

I have the same problem, also bought 8000k HIDs, no battery problem b4 installing em n now that they are on battery keeps dying, when that happens I take my battery to auto zone to recharge it getting kinda tired of that tho, wish I knew what the problem is
Old 08-21-2010, 04:08 PM
KrazyKarl
Instructor

I switched the high beam bulbs back to were they belong and charged the battery. Car was running fine after. Wont know for a couple of days if the battery issue is fixed. Got to give it a chance to see if the battery can hold a charge.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM
socci
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try turning on your high beams when you shut off your lights. My lights wont retract and they hold power with my HIDs unless I turn on the high beams while the car is off. Then the lights go down, and I hit the high beams again to turn them off for the next time I start my car. No battery problems by doing it like this, but if I dont hit the high beams my car beeps like my lights are still on and that could be why your battery is dying.

Last edited by socci; 08-22-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dead Battery HID lights

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dead Battery HID lights