Sponsored by:

[Z06] advice on which clutch to install

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
myslvlt4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on which clutch to install

Hi... I have a 2002 zo6 and posted before about the clutch getting stuck and one member replied saying it is the 400 and over rwhp syndrome... and need to replace clutch with an aftermarket upgraded clutch so the clutch will not get stuck on the ground when i drive it hard like on the strip. I also had a minor oil leak and found out i have a real main seal oil leak and if this is true than i thought i might as well change out clutch to an aftermarket clutch that wont get stuck. I only have 11 thousand miles on the car but if changing out clutch will be better for the car than i would. Any one changed out clutch to an aftermarket one because of the same problem? Thank you again.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 PM
toplessta
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same problem with mine after i put a cam in and went with the ls7 set up and love it.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
myslvlt4
Instructor

[QUOTE=toplessta;1575858294]Had the same problem with mine after i put a cam in and went with the ls7 set up and love it.[/QUOTE

Yes I have a cam in mine too. Did you switch out your clutch since your clutch was sticking too? If so, which type, and did it help? Thanks for your input.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
toplessta
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes mine stuck every time i got into high rpm, i used a ls7 flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate and also new slave and master so far no problems other then breaking my output shaft at the track because my clutch didnt slip.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
myslvlt4
Instructor

Originally Posted by toplessta
Yes mine stuck every time i got into high rpm, i used a ls7 flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate and also new slave and master so far no problems other then breaking my output shaft at the track because my clutch didnt slip.
Oh thats what you meant... dumb me was thinking you switched your motor to an ls7. How much did all those parts cost you? ls7 flywheel, clutch, pressure plate? Do i need to get a new slave and master also? Thanks once again.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 AM
nyg215
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

go with an RPS clutch

Get notified of new replies

To advice on which clutch to install

Quick Reply: [Z06] advice on which clutch to install