Sponsored by:

[Z06] Adam's Polishes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Silnus
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adam's Polishes?

Looking into getting some HIGH quality detailing items. From what I have seen, Adam's looks to be top dog in the detailing world. Anybody have any experience with their products? They are extremely expensive but wonder if its worth it, or if another company has equal but cheaper products? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 PM
pluslt
Pro

I purchased an Adam's package deal over the winter. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-338-a...isher-kit.aspx

It came with the PC7424XP as part of the package. I have been quite pleased with the results I was able to obtain so far. I had zero experience with a random orbit polisher of any sorts before this and its about as idiot proof as they come IMO. I was able to take the paint on the hood of my truck from this:

To this:

If you go to YouTube and search for the Junkman's detailing videos you'll be sold.

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions I'd be happy to discuss my results with you.

Last edited by pluslt; 07-17-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Silnus
Pro

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I like Zaino for my paint, but hear good things about Adam's too.

I Love the Adam's Metal polish for my 3+ yr old bare aluminum wheels. Its liquid and better/easier than anything else I used from the stores. You be the judge

Toque

Old 07-17-2011, 12:20 AM
LS2NSUV
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Adams products for over 6 years and I'm extremely satisfied. As stated by pluslt, their random orbital polishers along with their none abrasive polishes are idiot proof. You could Have an 8yr old use them and not burn through anything. If you do purchase a polisher, be sure to get the upgraded velcro backing plate for easy pad changing. It may come standard now. I purchased several year ago. I have the Porter Cable machine, but I hear that the newer Flex machine is lighter and more ergonomically correct. It's also a little more $$$.

The only products of theirs I've steered away from is the detail spray and the carnuba paste wax. Not because I didn't have great results from them, but because I found a paste wax and a detail spray for less than half of what they were asking for theirs with the same if not better results.

Try a google search for One Grand Blitz Wax and Bullet Polish & Protectant detail concentrate and you compare. The wax is an equal, but the detail concentrate blows adam's away(IMO).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer anything I possibly can.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Silnus
Pro

I clicked the checkout button and exited out over 10 times tonight! I cannot bring myself to buy this kit becasue this stuff is so expensive. Even Autogeeks ends up being $200 for basic stuff. Not to mention my wife would kill me if she found out I spent that much money on car cleaning supplies lol. Dammit I want that kit bad...
Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 AM
hattitude
Drifting

I've used Adam's polishes for years and like the results....

While Adams & Zaino are top shelf, there are alternatives with names like Meguiars, Pinnacle, menzerna, Zymol, turtle wax, etc, etc, etc.

Truth be told, the key ingredient to an excellent detail is the "process" as much as the product used. In it's most basic form:

1) Wash
2) Clay bar
3) Swirl remover, if needed, with a dual action orbital polisher (I love my Flex polisher)
4) Polish with DA polisher
5) Wax or seal

There are other steps that can be added, some steps repeated, and with good/better/best products, the results will vary.

If you follow this process with any products, you'll get much better results than any plain wash & wax......

Just my $0.02....... FWIW

Good luck.......
Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I use menzerna polishes and zaino waxes. For other things such as quick detailer, I have no problem using mother's.

To do the polish, I used a d/a polisher (of course after wash and clay) and has such good results with the power finish menzerna that I didn't even feel it necessary to use the final finish menzerna afterwards. Then did a few zaino coats by hand and the results are awesome. My car is black and I still get people asking me if it's a 2010/2011 because the paint is in such good condition and looks so deep/shiny.

However, I can't compare it to adam's since I've never used it. Just sharing my experience with menzerna and zaino
Old 07-17-2011, 09:06 AM
pluslt
Pro

Originally Posted by Silnus
I clicked the checkout button and exited out over 10 times tonight! I cannot bring myself to buy this kit becasue this stuff is so expensive. Even Autogeeks ends up being $200 for basic stuff. Not to mention my wife would kill me if she found out I spent that much money on car cleaning supplies lol. Dammit I want that kit bad...
If you join up on the Adam's forum, they'll give you a 10% off code. If that doesn't work anymore, PM me and I can get you in touch with the Junkman and he can supply you with a code as well.

I understand the difficulty you're having, I went through it too. At the end of the day though it is as stated above more about using the correct process than anything else I'm sure. For me, I liked the Adam's setup because I got it all in one package and there was a thorough set of videos online and one that comes with the set that walk you through each process. That to me was perfect because the videoes explain the use of the exact products in my hand. I wasn't comparing brand X to brand Y and trying to figure out what to use on what pad at what step.

Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I have used Zymol for years and love it. I have also started using Menzerna as it is made for the clear coat on these cars and got great results. Get most of my stuff from Autogeek
Old 07-18-2011, 08:44 PM
BLKWDWZ06
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pluslt
I purchased an Adam's package deal over the winter. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-338-a...isher-kit.aspx

It came with the PC7424XP as part of the package. I have been quite pleased with the results I was able to obtain so far. I had zero experience with a random orbit polisher of any sorts before this and its about as idiot proof as they come IMO. I was able to take the paint on the hood of my truck from this:

To this

If you go to YouTube and search for the Junkman's detailing videos you'll be sold.

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions I'd be happy to discuss my results with you.
sadly, thats how my black paint looks.... gonna check out adams forum
Old 07-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

I used to use Zaino but now I am sold on Adam's. I've probably bought $1000 worth of their products over the last 6 months and I am still addicted and buying more. It is well worth the investment.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM
garage-ghost
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used to use Zaino but now use Adam's as well as 3M products for scratches.

Griot's garage has the best clay, it's soft, not hard at all like others I have used.
The following users liked this post:
CyberGray (10-09-2015)
Old 07-23-2011, 10:37 AM
musicmankeb
Burning Brakes

Your really just paying for the name when you buy Adam's products and their stuff is very expensive. The M105/m205 combo will do wonders for any corvette. Sometimes you can get away with just m205 if your paint is not real bad. I do recommend the PC 7424XP, if your looking for one I can get you a good price just PM me. As for MF towels, a good sealant, polisher pads, and a good wash, I would recommend Chemical guys. You'll save yourself a lot of money.

Important:

-Don't use anything other then microfiber towels on your car.

-When washing your car, always use two buckets.

-I also recommend using two wash mitts.

-If you don't have a foam gun, get one!

-If your not using a sealant on your paint, you need to buy one. Wax is not a substitute.

Again, if you need help just message me and I'll help you find what you need for the cheapest prices.

-Kyle
CyberGray (10-09-2015)
Old 07-23-2011, 12:16 PM
NSTKR
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by musicmankeb
Your really just paying for the name when you buy Adam's products and their stuff is very expensive. The M105/m205 combo will do wonders for any corvette. Sometimes you can get away with just m205 if your paint is not real bad. I do recommend the PC 7424XP, if your looking for one I can get you a good price just PM me. As for MF towels, a good sealant, polisher pads, and a good wash, I would recommend Chemical guys. You'll save yourself a lot of money.

Important:

-If your not using a sealant on your paint, you need to buy one. Wax is not a substitute.

Again, if you need help just message me and I'll help you find what you need for the cheapest prices.

-Kyle
100%, I used to use Adam's but then I discovered Chemical Guys. Better quality products, better results, and better prices!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 PM
pluslt
Pro

Your really just paying for the name when you buy Adam's products and their stuff is very expensive.
You're not just paying for the name, you are paying for the expertise and support behind the product. While I'm sure that equivalent results can be achieved with a number of products (Meguirs, Surf City, Adams etc) what I like is that with my Adam's products I feel like I purchased training and support as well. Those folks are active members of this forum and others and from what I've seen are always willing to help trouble shoot, explain techniques, etc. In addition there is a wonderful set of videos out on Youtube from the Junkman who outlines each and every process in exhausting detail. I can watch those and follow along with the same products and don't have to worry about is product Z from this company the same as what I'm seeing here.

So for someone like yourself who maybe has a lot of experience detailing cars and is comfortable using various products, Meguirs et al is probably a smart way to go and maybe saves some money. For my money I like what I got from Adams.

Get notified of new replies

To Adam's Polishes?

Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Important:

-Kyle
im not a big fan of adams, i spent $60 to try a few things they offer and was a waste of money.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 PM
musicmankeb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pluslt
You're not just paying for the name, you are paying for the expertise and support behind the product. While I'm sure that equivalent results can be achieved with a number of products (Meguirs, Surf City, Adams etc) what I like is that with my Adam's products I feel like I purchased training and support as well. Those folks are active members of this forum and others and from what I've seen are always willing to help trouble shoot, explain techniques, etc. In addition there is a wonderful set of videos out on Youtube from the Junkman who outlines each and every process in exhausting detail. I can watch those and follow along with the same products and don't have to worry about is product Z from this company the same as what I'm seeing here.

So for someone like yourself who maybe has a lot of experience detailing cars and is comfortable using various products, Meguirs et al is probably a smart way to go and maybe saves some money. For my money I like what I got from Adams.
What is meguirs et al?

This is the way I look at it... if you spent the money on a PC or a flex and your going to buy polishes, wax, sealant, etc. then you either know what your doing already or your doing your research I would hope.

I'd rather understand the whole concept, the products, and why I'm doing something then have someone tell me to use black liquid with a black pad. By the way, anyone can watch their videos or "junkman's" videos online for free and apply it to other products if you understand the real concept behind polishes and pads. Detailing is not complicated either.

Educating yourself on how to detail and paying less money on products vs paying more to use a system of products you barely understand?

Their products are overpriced and you really are just paying for the name....the videos are free.

Last edited by musicmankeb; 07-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
CyberGray (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
CyberGray
7th Gear

Default Adams Polishes vs competition

Originally Posted by Silnus
Looking into getting some HIGH quality detailing items. From what I have seen, Adam's looks to be top dog in the detailing world. Anybody have any experience with their products? They are extremely expensive but wonder if its worth it, or if another company has equal but cheaper products? Thanks!
I have been detailing Corvettes for quite some time and have used all of the "Best" detailing products that are available. Adams is expensive but well worth it, if money is no object when it comes to your beloved Vette. However there are some products that I use on all of the 'non-plastic' cars like Griot's Garage products, and I think you will find there is no better product line on the market and it is much cheaper than Adams.

Keep the shiny up gang

Quick Reply: [Z06] Adam's Polishes?